Default Governor ilitch !?

ziggyselbin Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mauser View Post

Yeah Granholm really set the bar high!

MichMatters Guest

Did she ever work for Ilitch Holdings?

Quote Originally Posted by MichMatters View Post
    Did she ever work for Ilitch Holdings?
    Yes, at one time she was co-CEO along with her brother Chris but you can't have two pizza chefs making the pizza. She walked away leaving bro as sole CEO.

http://r8rbob.wordpress.com

MichMatters Guest

Good to here she had the sense to leave. lol

LOL, it's pretty exciting following who is going to be in the race and who isn't.

I think I'd rather see Geoff Feiger run again.

Atanas for Lt Govenor!

Well just like alot of wealthy people. They think they know it all. Granted they didn't get where they're at by being dumb. I think some just want to be elected due to name only.

Michigan! Michigan!

I dunno. Is she any more or less qualifies than any of the other candidates that are considering a run for the office? Above and beyond her name recognition she is is a lawyer, a UofM Board of Regents member, and somewhat successful businesswoman in her own rights. Beyond her obvious connections with the Ilitch fortune, didn't she and her husband Jim Lites also run a pretty successful Dallas Stars NHL team for awhile?

So on the intelligence and business side of the ledger, she seems to be pretty strong. Politically she seems like a novice [[which could be refreshing). I say let her explore the possibilities of the office and if she decides to run, let's see what she has to say. I'm about to disparage her just because of her Ilitch name just yet.

I believe she and Jim Lites are now divorced. She used to call herself Denise Ilitch Lites and lived in Dallas... but now she's back to just Denise Ilitch once again and lives in metro Detroit.

She is a strong personality, which is why she was at odds often with her younger brother Chris... mom sided with Chris, so she left the family business. I've seen her occasionally on the PBS Friday night local show "Am I Right?". I'm willing to hear what she has to say if she runs for office without pre-judging her based on the "Ilitch" name.

Stosh Guest

I'd have to say no thanks to this. Seriously?

Mike Illitch for governor! HA He's too old with no political priniciples. He's better off Manage the Tigers and the Red Wings while enjoying his PIZZA PIZZA.

Although my preference is generally to vote Democratic, after eight years of Grahnolm's bungling and inactivity I will be voting Republican for governor. I wonder that Granholm may have ruined the democrat's chances to win the governorship just like Duh-bya did for the Republicans in the 2008 election. If I can't tolerate the Republican candidate I will just not vote for gov.

Bearinabox Guest

Quote Originally Posted by kryptonite View Post
    Although my preference is generally to vote Democratic, after eight years of Grahnolm's bungling and inactivity I will be voting Republican for governor...If I can't tolerate the Republican candidate I will just not vote for gov.
    This argument makes no sense. Just thought I'd point that out.

Won't happen.

Ilitch is toxic to democrats due to her previous actions.

Besides, this whole story is a plant to divert attention.

Stay tuned...

Have no idea whether she'd be a good governor, but a family that has shown some commitment to redeveloping Detroit's center gets some points in its favor. The contributions to Republicans were not large ones, and were pretty typical of those that go back and forth across party lines from businesses all the time.

"Above and beyond her name recognition she is is a lawyer..." Hmmm. Monica Conyers comes to mind. Just saying......

MichMatters Guest

Just about everyone that gets into politics -- if they weren't a politician from the start --
    is a lawyer. There is unusual one way or the other about her profession.

BTW, I was of the mind when it seemed like Cherry had this in the bag that there was no way a Dem could win in Michigan, this year. I'm now at the point of thinking that not having a frontrunner is scaring the bejeebuses out of the state GOP. Cherry's departure has brought into the Dem primary a far more ideologically diverse pool of candidates than those on the GOP side, to be honest. Hell, the Dems even have Stupak considering running, who is more conservative than surbuban Detroit Republicans. lol

I don't think the GOP is running scared. The election is their's to lose. But that is just my opinion.

Oh, how about - No.

As silly as this may sound, the fact that she donated some money to Republicans AND Democrats appeals to me. It shows that she's not following blindly down party lines. It shows some informed choices on her part.

But again in this day and age where party lines are drawn pretty deep, I agree it could have some damage on her campaign if she decides to run as a Democrat. It'd be interesting to see if she could mount a run as an Independent though.

Just as long as nobody refers to her as "Mike Ilitch's kid."

She's an idiot.

MichMatters Guest

Quote Originally Posted by smogboy View Post
    As silly as this may sound, the fact that she donated some money to Republicans AND Democrats appeals to me. It shows that she's not following blindly down party lines. It shows some informed choices on her part.
    You know, it'd be a plus for me if they'd have not identified who she donated money to. Donating to GWB -- and in 2003, no less -- shows poor judgement to say the very least, if you ask me. Hell, many prominent Republicans had begun to fall away from him by then. It have been different if they'd have not indentified who she donated to, or if it had been some sane local or state Republican. This doesn't show her to be informed in the least bit. If anything, it shows her to be ill-informed. She didn't just give pennies to some Joe Republican in the metro area; she gave thousands of dollars to who even then was one of the most controversial American presidents in modern history, even among the members of his own party, let alone everyone else.
    Last edited by MichMatters; January-15-10 at 01:59 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast