Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Salary Calculators

Have you checked one out recently, have you used one to negotiate a higher wage at a prospective job or a salary increase at an annual review?

I should have. Social Security gave me nada for 2010.

No shit! Every year I get my social security statement they have my retirement age bumped back a couple of years, at this rate they'll be expecting me to work until I am 95.

I was playing with a salary calculator, very interesting. The title sounds like something that somehow just adds up your salary, but you get to calculate the average salary for your job and your region. Pretty neat!

Would you choose Detroit or Ann Arbor as a base? It seems to make a difference. Looking in Chattanooga, you can plug that in and see how the money is. You get to plug in your choice of job, in case you have some options, like Administrative or Custormer Service. Lots of fun, seems like a great tool for people who are looking for a new job or a job change?

Here's the one I looked at, there seem to be quite a few out there:

http://www.homefair.com/real-estate/...lator.asp?cc=1