Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Default Earthquake in Haiti

Time to rally for the humanity in this region of the world; it already has seen a living hell...I will get my friends and associates to do something.

How is it that Haiti has so many of these disasters, but Dominican Republic doesn't? It always seemed that way to me anyay.

Ravine Guest

Yep, this is pretty much Apocalypse Now for Haiti, and just the idea of serious after-shocks compounds the already hard-to-imagine horror.
    I have no idea, really, who the hell Anderson Cooper is, or what his political leanings are, but I gotta give the guy a big thumbs-up for having the balls to head down there.

I lived there for awhile, and have been back a number of times since. Desperate doesn't describe the place in the best of times.

Isn't Anderson Cooper not only a TV news channel broadcaster, but also the son of the late Gloria Vanderbuilt? So he's got lots of $$$, and will likely use a lot of it to help alleviate the suffering....

Good to see the U.S. once again leading the way in terms of relief.

When was the last time you saw groups like Al Quida, who think of us as the great satan lead the pack in relief efforts? I recall even when Iran had the earthquake a few years ago, we quickly sent help and aid.

B.T.W., I second Gnome's feelings. I was there a few years ago and its hard to believe your in the Western Hemisphere.

one of our strongest attributes is our compassion at certain events...the rally around Haiti is great and needed...hopefully with aide they can rebuild their society and a stronger foundation for their future...they surely deserve help. And yes D72...where are the perpetrators of hate showing their support for fellow humans...mmmm guess they would have to trade in a little ideology for compassion or weapons..funny how that works...that is the hypocrisy of terrorism...it doesn't provide alternatives.

Most importantly we should keep all of Haiti in our prayers..and for the families here that have sent love ones to do missionary work.

The systemic problems down there go so deep, it it unfathonable. Really. You don't know where to start. Education, sure. Water, oh yeah. Charcoal, propane, petrol, wood, clothes, medicine, bullets, flashlights ...

Everything there leaves you shaking your head with a "how can people be this way??". Anything I say is going to come off as heartless, but let us pray that this latest travail will bring them the ability to wipe the mistakes clean and rebuild sensible housing designed for humans, not dogs.

Rideron Guest

Whats going on there now is like out of an end of the world apocolyptic movie.

Send $$$ thru the Red Cross..... People will be dying there in the next 24 hours for the simple lack of water for Gods sake...

Send some $$$$$

The Haitians "were under the heel of the French. You know, Napoleon III and whatever," Robertson said on his broadcast Wednesday. "And they got together and swore a pact to the devil. They said, 'We will serve you if you will get us free from the French.' True story. And so, the devil said, 'OK, it's a deal.'
    Pat Robertson's Barbara Bush moment.

Pat Robertson is consistent in his hateful comments. He is one of the reasons Christians get a bad name. I would say shame on him but he has no shame.

Quote Originally Posted by oldredfordette View Post
    Pat Robertson is consistent in his hateful comments. He is one of the reasons Christians get a bad name. I would say shame on him but he has no shame.
    The world, and Haiti, could use fewer Pat Robertsons and Barbra Bushes, and more kind people to help right now. These are human beings, and they are suffering.
    Politics and religious fervor can wait.

add the hero of the extreme right Rush...his comments should lead to his firing...How dare he use this tragic event to throw fire at Obama...

WFP [[google and then hit Haiti) is a good site also to donate to...Blood drives and a few church bake sales to counter the BS Robertson is cooking up....[[ his brand of Christianity...needs to be enlightened...)

My students are responding well and the word is taking off ..the cost of a lunch will go along way for this improvised country..and yes if we do this right we can help "nation build" and stop their misery that predated this disaster.

The Heifer Foundation is sending money and supplies right away. Oxfam is gearing up, just watch your inbox, you'll find someone getting ready. God bless them, the real God, not the evil money whore Pat Robinson whoreships.

American Red Cross Pledges Initial $1 Million to Haiti Relief

Send a $10 Donation by Texting ‘Haiti’ to 90999

http://www.redcross.org/portal/site/...0089f0870aRCRD

Holy shit, I can't believe what I am reading on various CNN boards. Teabaggers are on a rampage bitching about "wasting" their taxdollars on a third-world nation.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Holy shit, I can't believe what I am reading on various CNN boards. Teabaggers are on a rampage bitching about "wasting" their taxdollars on a third-world nation.
    That's the retoric of the right wing in America, see Rush "drug addict' Limbaugh, and the rest of their ilk.

I have a gut feeling that this will end up worse than the 2004 Indian Ocean Tsunami, as far as the death toll and injured. That country has no infrastructure. Even their presidential palace was destroyed. Out of a population of 10 million, think of the hundreds of thousands that may be trapped or injured from collapsed substandard housing, substandard schools, and other substandard buildings.

Just think of this if just everyone on a facebook friends list donated 10 dollars ..that would buy a lot of food...

teabaggers where is the neighbor helping neighbor concepts you enspose.[[.i saw a sign at a teabagger rally-saying health care should the responsibility of Church, family and neighborhoods/communities...)so pass the plate naggers and show some humanity...or is this another case of "I got mine?"

Fire Rush NOW...

Quote Originally Posted by gibran View Post
    Just think of this if just everyone on a facebook friends list donated 10 dollars ..that would buy a lot of food...
    Many folks who claim to be "Christian" are anything but.

Quote Originally Posted by gibran View Post
    teabaggers where is the neighbor helping neighbor concepts you enspose.[[.i saw a sign at a teabagger rally-saying health care should the responsibility of Church, family and neighborhoods/communities...)so pass the plate naggers and show some humanity...or is this another case of "I got mine?"

Fire Rush NOW...
    The teabaggers have shown they aren't interested in helping humankind, they are only interested in helping themselves.

As far as firing Rush, you have to remember, these folks are the ultimate tools of a major evil, as they call themselves "ditto heads" and worship their dear leader.

Why else would they rally to his defense when he has shown himself to be an evil, hateful, and disgusting sort of a person?

The older I get the more silly the hate seems...actually the older I get the more I feel "mean people SUC" LOL....

My favorite are parrotheads..they seem a little nicer. ...and have a lot more fun.

Agreed. His organization is sending monies as they have a history of doing for the poor and needy and for disasters such as this type, but he needs to step down. He's become the "flashing neon" poster child to those already cynical towards Christianity, withstanding that fact Christian organizations and nations with large Christian populations are usually at the forefront of relief services and help to those in need.
    Quote Originally Posted by oldredfordette View Post
    Last edited by Zacha341; January-14-10 at 06:24 AM.

Retroit Guest

Leave it to a bunch of liberals to turn a natural disaster into a political debate. Aren't we all a little too old for this childish behavior?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast