Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Thread: It's a girl

Default It's a girl

My son finally set a real wedding date and I am so excited. They had the ring , bought a house but now it seems real.

I always wanted a daughter and now I get one. I am generally not a very demonstrative person but am completely giddy. I do not interfer in my son's life but looking for advice on how to be the best mother in law in the world.

They can plan their wedding without my input. My son was raised Christian, she is Krishna. Should be an interesting wedding.

I just would like to do something spectacular to commemorate this event.

Ideas anyone?

Congratulations!

Thanks Gaz, just hope someone can give me a great idea to celebrate this event.Thought of a balloon launch but it seems old hat. Fireworks are stinky...just would love to do something really cool.

Sponsor rubber ducks dressed like bride and grooms maybe for the Gleaners fundraiser? Definitely want to do something meaningful for the two when they are married. Martha Stewart I am not. Need help!

Just a thought, my son works for an events company. Maybe they can come up with something special.