Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Hudson's Detroit buildings minatures

I seem to remember some people talking about these a while back, but I couldn't find the old thread. Co-worker has the RenCen on her desk. I've seen a Penobscot on eBay once. Anybody have any of these or know where I can find more info about them?

I did find the silverdome....

http://www.buildingcollector.com/

Also on that site:

Totally off-topic but I also found this. Someone said this could be an idea for Detroit. I've seen these buildings first hand. They are in the Dutch city of Delft. There's one house that has a grim history. One of those buildings in blue was a former bar where a terrible murder occurred. A man shot six people, including an 11-year old girl. He got a life centence without parole... That post was made in 2005. Ii was supposed to be a temporary art exhibit. As of 2010 the buildings still stand.

And you could always try Lego.

I have quite a few Detroit miniatures, including the Guardian Building, the Silverdome, the former GM HQ, and this bank building [[it is the Kahn building at Lafayette and Griswold).

I'll post more pics soon!

Penobscot Building.... in midsize...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Yeah, but those aren't what I'm talking about. Hudson's had a line of Detroit buildings that came out maybe 10 to 15 years ago sold exclusively in Hudson's stores. I'll try to take a photo of the RenCen my co-worker has.

Wikipedia page on Hudson's. Is this a mistake? 200.000 seat Ford Field?? That would make this one of the biggest stadiums in the world. Even bigger than the May Day stadium in Pyongyang in North Korea. Off-topic; the Michigan stadium in Ann Arbor is the fourth largest stadium in the world. The list does not include race tracks.)

Bullet Guest

I have a ‘Holden Amphitheater’ miniature from the Detroit Zoo. It’s die-cast zinc, and plated in bronze. It comes from a collection I picked up at work recently that included among them a miniature Empire State Building sporting the Zeppelin docking mast. They span a time frame of several years, starting in the late forties. I will post a pic as soon as I am able.

Ford Field seating capacity is 65,000.

http://www.detroitlions.com/ford-fie...s-history.html

Wikipedia lies.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet View Post
    I have a ‘Holden Amphitheater’ miniature from the Detroit Zoo. It’s die-cast zinc, and plated in bronze. It comes from a collection I picked up at work recently that included among them a miniature Empire State Building sporting the Zeppelin docking mast. They span a time frame of several years, starting in the late forties. I will post a pic as soon as I am able.

Sweet! Does it have the monkeys riding around in gokarts and minibikes while "Joy to the World" is blared on the speakers?!? How about the gorrilla cages where the apes would throw poop through the metal bars?

Bullet Guest

Sorry DP, no Monkeys , or Gorillas.

I have the Penobscot, the Fox [[ marquee and 1st floor is all it really is), Tiger Stadium, and I have seen the RenCen, but don't own it. They all light up in various ways and were put out in 1998.
    Here's a pic of the Fox. Sorry for the quality. Cropped from a larger pic.

Quote Originally Posted by Krawlspace View Post
    I have the Penobscot, the Fox [[ marquee and 1st floor is all it really is), Tiger Stadium, and I have seen the RenCen, but don't own it. They all light up in various ways and were put out in 1998.
    Here's a pic of the Fox. Sorry for the quality. Cropped from a larger pic.
    Krawl,
    Any way to see the others? I have a photo of the Ren Cen I have to post. It's pretty crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by buildingsofdetroit View Post
    That looks large, and also curiously like the RenCen.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitehouse View Post
    Also on that site:
    The etched mirror is available at City Bird. [[www.ilovecitybird.com)

Have you checked ebay for the minatures? I didnt even know they made them. Would be cool to start my own little city of home [[Detroit) to keep in my house. I stay homesick all the time, maybe that would help. Coming up this August for the preservation Wayne theater tour this year and looking forward to that.

Sorry but I can't post any other pics. 90% of the room is in boxes at the moment.

There are some Hudson's items on ebay right now. No minatures but some fine items. http://cgi.ebay.com/THE-ULTIMATE-J-L...item414c4f14c6

Wow. That's very cool. Not that I have an extra $3,500, mind you. Hell, my girlfriend already gave me hell for salvaging my phone booth from the old YWCA. Speaking of, if anybody wants it, let me know.

Digging this one up again… Hudson's produced a line maybe in the 80's that included the Grand Hotel on Mackinac, a Hudson's Building [[I think), the Ren Cen above and the Penobscot here. Found this on ebay. Name:  331826_10151187420616997_1260768154_o.jpg
Views: 1132
Size:  30.9 KB