Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Sarah Palin to be the newest member of Faux News

Just read this on CNN ....

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...-inks-tv-deal/

This will be good for a few laughs

Oh Geeze..

Rupert knows a cash cow when he sees one. This may make me watch TV again. SNL is tweaked no doubt.

Palin, the 2008 Republican vice presidential nominee, is considered to be a potential 2012 White House contender.
    Better TV than politics. Too bad she hasn't ruled that out yet.

They threw Hillary the Secretary of state job to keep her out. Sounds a bit sexist Pam..

Fox News must be doing something right. According to a piece in the NYT yesterday, Fox News made about $700 million last year, more than NBC, CBS, ABC, MSNBC and CNN, COMBINED, by far.

But that must be despite the fact nobody watches Fox, right?

Quote Originally Posted by 3WC View Post
    Fox News must be doing something right. According to a piece in the NYT yesterday, Fox News made about $700 million last year, more than NBC, CBS, ABC, MSNBC and CNN, COMBINED, by far.

I think very few would say "no one" watches Fox. I would guess that fox's numbers reflect its position as the only "news" organization that caters to it's particular viewership. Survey after survey notes that fox viewers, more likely than not, watch Fox and only Fox. NBC, CBS et al. are splitting their market.

And yes, SNL is likely very tweaked with all the new comedy gold about to land in their laps.

I'm surprised that it took this long for Fox to hire her. I figured she would have been on the air a couple weeks after she proved to be a quitter at her last job. Guess that book tour took precedence.

Fox is creative [[just witness 20 years of the Simpsons)...Guess with Sarah they are still going for the Duh factor... I hope after two years of "you betcha" we will slowly grow tired of that...nawww..We haven't grown tired of Jerry Springer now haven't we. Let's make sure we all have our blood pressure medicine under control...or at least we will have some collective laughs...the election cycle has begun and Murdoch just got his ratings solidified...with his base.

Newscorp had a net loss of 3.378 billion in 2009.

Newscorp's '09 loss is relevant to this discussion how?

And the Nazis had loads of popular support in Germany. I guess they must have been doing something right too, by your logic.

Propaganda is still propaganda no matter how many people are eating it up.

NBC and Leno blew it again. The Sarah and Jay Show.

Quote Originally Posted by gibran View Post
    Fox is creative [[just witness 20 years of the Simpsons)...Guess with Sarah they are still going for the Duh factor...
    Maybe Fox is going to let Gretchen Carlson act like the honors grad from Stanford that she is, and Sarah will do the "I just don't get it because it's sooo complicated" schtick.
    Or maybe Fox figured one bimbo was good, so two can only be better. I understand Sarah got a fast lesson in U.S. history when she was V.Pres. candidate because she really didn't know nothin' according to the author of the new book Game Change. It's as if the Republicans keep picking stupider and stupider candidates just to see how low they can set the bar.

Yes, and McDonald's makes more money than Opus One. Therefore McDonald's is better and Opus One sucks.
    Sarah will be a fine fit for Fox. She'll never be accused of being an overeducated elitist.

Maxx, your use of the word "logic" is an insult to the concept.

Maxx, your use of the word "logic" is an insult to the concept.
    And how does one "insult a concept"? Tell it that it's mother is ugly?

Maxx, Gretchen Carlson was the first thing I thought of. For those of you who don't watch 'The Daily Show': http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/1..._n_385158.html

No wonder he's America's most trusted anchor.

"I find it funny how some can claim to see Russia from their front porch, but not the misery in their back yards...." Gibran filling in for the street prophet...

Fire up the Death Star, play the Imperial march. The end is near....

Galvanize the empire!
    Last edited by Whitehouse; January-12-10 at 12:32 AM.

I guess Faux News finally found their seal act.

They should just rename it the Foxy Girls Channel and have all the women actors [[I mean anchors) take off their shirts, except for Greta Van Susteran.
    Last edited by 313WX; January-12-10 at 07:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gibran View Post
    Fox is creative [[just witness 20 years of the Simpsons)...Guess with Sarah they are still going for the Duh factor... I hope after two years of "you betcha" we will slowly grow tired of that...nawww..We haven't grown tired of Jerry Springer now haven't we. Let's make sure we all have our blood pressure medicine under control...or at least we will have some collective laughs...the election cycle has begun and Murdoch just got his ratings solidified...with his base.
    Comparing Faux News to Fox Entertainment Group [[which I remind you is partially owned by NBC) is like comparing Pears to Apples.

The same goes for MSNBC and NBC.

Doing something right as entertainment, yes. Of course, you probably didn't mean to point out that when news organizations turned into profit centers owned by unrelated corporations they diluted the actual unbiased reporting that we would expect.

If the measure of success for a news organization is how much money they made, that is indeed a pretty sad statement.

It makes sense. Sarah Palin has shown she's terrific at making shit up and spreading propaganda. It's a natural, irrational fit.

Just a question regarding Palin.
    "What was your experience like at WOODSTOCK"?
    Assuming attendance.

I quit watching fox when they ran the 2 hr octomonm special, havent watched since, this is jsut one more real good reason to continue my boycott.......

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast