Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Forest Arms Apartments will be fixed.

Construction has begun at the Forest Arms Apts. It will not be torn down. It's a fresh start for Midtown.

Could someone keep the out-of-staters posted with a picture progress? I thought that was one of the gems in the city and was sad when it burned.

Quote Originally Posted by Swimmaven View Post
    Could someone keep the out-of-staters posted with a picture progress? I thought that was one of the gems in the city and was sad when it burned.
    Happy now?
    Attachment 4822

Great news. Spent one of my best years living in that building.

who is the developer on this project? is it a historic building?

Traffic Jam/Bronx Bar owner and local Midtown hero Scott Lowell, who has partnered with Midtown's UCCA and the Detroit Investment Fund, is redeveloping the historic 1908 apartment building. The project will also take advantage of brownfield & historic tax credits. This is a great boost for Midtown! I applaud the efforts of all involved.
    Last edited by Gsgeorge; January-15-10 at 04:32 PM.

deserves a picture log as the project progresses. Would be nice if there was an opportunity to an insiders view.

Shameless plug, I did my own picture log with the conversion of our football [[yeah.... I know) stadium.
    East side.
    South side
    North side.

If anything, this could be an example.

Quote Originally Posted by Swimmaven View Post
    Why would you want a picture of this when you just posted this on another thread???

"Detroit is just rubble, in case you haven't noticed."

I walked by a few days ago, and noticed that a crew were framing the top floor of the southern part of the building. Couldn't see much else besides the studs that are used to brace the window frames.

-Tahleel

The Beethoven apartment building located on Third at Prentis will be ready to begin accepting tenants early in February. Developer Scott Lowell says the completion of construction was delayed due to the historical tax credit process, which necessitated the addition of windows to the building's balconies. "We learned a lot of lessons with this one that are really going to help us with the Forest Arms," he says, referring to the large, fire-damaged building, also located in Midtown, that he also is working to rehab.

http://www.modeldmedia.com/devnews/beethoven011909.aspx

Nice to see the Beethoven opening up for renters. Are any of the retail spots leased yet? I'm curious to see what kind of businesses move in.

Great news that the restoration is underway. I was sad to see the state of the building last year when I was back for a visit and was attending a service at the nearby First Unitarian Church.

And thanks for the pic! Always appreciated by those of us who cannot see the sights in person.

Detroit will rise from its ashes

Quote Originally Posted by leland_palmer View Post
    Happy now?
    Attachment 4822
    Yes! Thank you.

Please take a pic once in a while to update us.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Why would you want a picture of this when you just posted this on another thread???

"Detroit is just rubble, in case you haven't noticed."
    Because The Forest Arms was a building I liked to look at. Most of the places i enjoyed or lived in are rubble now. The Renaud is still up, I am happy about that. That was the last place I lived before I left.

And, for as long as I can remember people have talked, talked, talked about how somehow Detroit will, "come back," or, "rise from the ashes." But no one does the hard work of actually making something happen; as if someone else should do it, someone rich.

The same type of politicians are still fleecing what's left of the city, the same racism still goes on [[which I experienced the last time I was there).

Other cities have managed to "rise from the ashes." It is just strange that the city just has been slowly turning to rubble for the past 40+ years. There is almost nothing left.

I know there is a lot of community action within the neighborhood. It runs under the radar, but raises the hackles of the city when they find out - Dally in the Alley is an example.

But I am happy that the Forest Arms is being rehabbed. I will be relieved if and when it is completed.

From all the Detroit rubble mess. The Native Americans knew what is going to happen if the white man are in charge in the New World. CREATE AND DESTROY! Just like they did in Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia, Oceania and of course AFRICA!

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    From all the Detroit rubble mess. The Native Americans knew what is going to happen if the white man are in charge in the New World. CREATE AND DESTROY! Just like they did in Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia, Oceania and of course AFRICA!
    You're an idiot.

His elevator doesn't go all the way to the top, for sure. When I first came to this forum and took exception with some of the things Danny said, I was admonished and advised to just ignore him. That was good advice. You canot have a rational, reasonable exchange with him, it doesn't pay to try!

Hanging gardens grace Midtown

I just cringe when passing that once great building. Look forward to its rebirth.

I saw this building for the 1st time in my life on friday evening and was enchated by all the people out there working to hang the flowers out the windows. It was cool to see all the people working on that project. The building itself is simply beatuiful and even though just a few days ago i didnt even know it existed, its wonderful to hear it will be coming back!

Ony pictures of how it looks now?

Quote Originally Posted by Wintersmommy View Post
    I saw this building for the 1st time in my life on friday evening and was enchated by all the people out there working to hang the flowers out the windows. It was cool to see all the people working on that project.
    FYI, Team Detroit is responsible the flower hanging. https://www.teamdetroit.com/

Quote Originally Posted by gleeadnauseam View Post
    FYI, Team Detroit is responsible the flower hanging. https://www.teamdetroit.com/
    whoa and I thought I worked at a cool place !

thumbs up to them I think its a great idea

Thanx Team Detroit! Awesome thing to do!

Looks like the Forest Arms is finally back on track!

http://modeldmedia.com/devnews/forestarmsgroundbreaking2013.aspx

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast