Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default 2nd Annual GSCC Super Bowl Party

The Georgia Street Community Collective will be holding its

2nd Annual SuperBowl Party
    Sunday, February 7th
    starting at 5:00pm
    8902 Vinton [[corner of Georgia St)

Thanks to the work that has been done on the Community Center and Store buildings, we are able to at least get the party out of the weather this year. We will be showcasing all the work that has been done so far during the party. Visitors will be able to tour the Community Center before and during the game.

All proceeds from the party and any other activities that night
    will go directly into the Building Fund
    to help complete the Community Center and Store.

We will have heaters inside the store and give it our best
    "party atmosphere". We hope to have the temperature
    comfortable, but you might want to bring a
    sweater or vest to wear just in case it's a little cool.

For your donation, visitors will be served
    hamburgers, hot dogs, chili, chicken wings,
    chips, pretzels, pop and beer.

Ticket/Donations in advance are $12.00 per person
    Ticket/Donations at the door will be $15.00 per person

Space is limited, so reserve your place today
    by calling 313-452-0684 or
    e-mail georgiast313@yahoo.com

We will try hard to make it this year. We have been a little out of the picture because my Mom has a brain tumor which makes her behavior a little erratic so we stick close to home. By the way, she turns ninety this month.

Very happy to hear that progress is being made with the community center.

Just a thought and I hope I don't sound pompous or worse. You are a very charismatic person. You have a wonderful support network but they do not have your people skills. Sometimes they make me feel down right bad but I can't put a finger on it.

At Christmas or Thanksgiving, I would have dropped off a ham or cooked a dinner for a needy family. It just did not sit right however to be told cook a turkey. Too much over managing.

Seems like everyone in Detroit is suffering and we are no exception. We try hard and give as we can. Offers of help seem to be rebuffed. Odd feeling!

We believe in your vision but somehow if we are made to feel bad rather than good it strains credulity.

We wish you and your bride all the best.

We see you and your vision clearly. I am sometimes an old fart but this is Detroit Yes. Our kids deserve mentoring and love. Thanks for trying and doing.

Good luck, cub!

Hi Sumas,
    I have no problem with any of my support networks people skills. You may have taken some posts [[ Us asking for help) the wrong way. The idea of asking donors/ supporters to cook a turkey was mine for one because 2008s dinner I cooked 4 turkeys and 2009s I cooked 6 my mother cooked 4 and Blueidone cooked two. The thought was maybe if we could get someone to donate a turkey maybe they could cook it also. Never did any of us mean to MAKE anyone COOK anything. I was trying to make it easier on us as we were preparing enough food to feed 150 people. I don't know about you but I have never had to make a dish to serve 150 people add to that we had to prepare multiple dishes each. Don't get me wrong, I loved every minute of it and cant wait to do it again and again and again. We appreciate our supporters. I cant tell you how many times I sit here and think of all of you and get choked up for all of your generosity. I will put my boards's people skills up against any boards people skills in the country. They are hands on, go getters who love helping people. I am sorry if you took us asking for a cooked turkey the wrong way because trust me if you would have donated a raw turkey it would have made it to the church cooked. All twelve did. Please dont take this post the wrong way. I love you and Ron with all my heart and I will do anything I can for you. Trust me we didnt mean to make you or anyone feel bad. We are learning a lot of things as we go.

Cub

Tuesday afternoon bump

Weekend Bump1

Monday Morning Bump...

Thursday Bump...16 days to go!

Quote Originally Posted by cub View Post
    Hi Sumas,
    I have no problem with any of my support networks people skills. You may have taken some posts [[ Us asking for help) the wrong way. The idea of asking donors/ supporters to cook a turkey was mine for one because 2008s dinner I cooked 4 turkeys and 2009s I cooked 6 my mother cooked 4 and Blueidone cooked two. The thought was maybe if we could get someone to donate a turkey maybe they could cook it also. Never did any of us mean to MAKE anyone COOK anything. I was trying to make it easier on us as we were preparing enough food to feed 150 people. I don't know about you but I have never had to make a dish to serve 150 people add to that we had to prepare multiple dishes each. Don't get me wrong, I loved every minute of it and cant wait to do it again and again and again. We appreciate our supporters. I cant tell you how many times I sit here and think of all of you and get choked up for all of your generosity. I will put my boards's people skills up against any boards people skills in the country. They are hands on, go getters who love helping people. I am sorry if you took us asking for a cooked turkey the wrong way because trust me if you would have donated a raw turkey it would have made it to the church cooked. All twelve did. Please dont take this post the wrong way. I love you and Ron with all my heart and I will do anything I can for you. Trust me we didnt mean to make you or anyone feel bad. We are learning a lot of things as we go.

Cub
    Wow!

Cub, whatever you need you should be able to ask for without reprimands. It's hard enough as it is, to even ask. You know what you need. Please don't shy away from asking, especially being specific.

I have a hard time serving 15 people. I can't imagine trying to serve 150.

Congratulations to you for all your successes, including feeding 150 people a traditional holiday meal, with all the trimmings, with mostly donations. Hats off to you!

Rainy Sunday Morning Bump

Reserve your tickets now! Please join us for what promises to be a great party! Whether you are a football fan or not...there will be lots of fun...food and friends. $12 in advance is a GREAT DEAL!

Tuesday Morning Bump!

Come and join the fun...watch the game...enjoy great food...and great company!

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone on Sunday, I'll pay for my ticket at the door. Mrs. Gnome will not attend.

Today is the day! Please join us to watch the SuperBowl, have some great food, and in the process help our Building Fund grow. Be sure to dress in layers... may be a little chilly until the party gets "warmed-up" :-)

Making cookie batter this morning!

Mom is anxious about whether there will be a bathroom. Will there be a bathroom?

Yes, there will be a bathroom available.

Whew, thank you! The anxiety level has dropped considerably.

Thank you to everyone who came to the SuperBowl Party, donated to our efforts, and wished us success. We had a great event thanks to all of you!