Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default GSCC 2nd ANNUAL SUPERBOWL PARTY!

The Georgia Street Community Collective will be holding its

2nd Annual SuperBowl Party
    Sunday, February 7th
    starting at 5:00pm
    8902 Vinton [[corner of Georgia St)

Thanks to the work that has been done on the Community Center and Store buildings, we are able to at least get the party out of the weather this year. We will be showcasing all the work that has been done so far during the party. Visitors will be able to tour the Community Center before and during the game.

All proceeds from the party and any other activities that night
    will go directly into the Building Fund
    to help complete the Community Center and Store.

We will have heaters inside the store and give it our best
    "party atmosphere". We hope to have the temperature
    comfortable, but you might want to bring a
    sweater or vest to wear just in case it's a little cool.

For your donation, visitors will be served
    hamburgers, hot dogs, chili, chicken wings,
    chips, pretzels, pop and beer.

Ticket/Donations in advance are $12.00 per person
    Ticket/Donations at the door will be $15.00 per person

Space is limited, so reserve your place today
    by calling 313-452-0684 or
    e-mail georgiast313@yahoo.com

Weekend Bump!

Hi Blue, I posted a new thread Greenleaders awards sponsored by the Freep. I nominated GSCC and hope others will too.

Monday Morning Bump!

Thursday Bump...16 days to go!

Will you have a 50/50 drawing? That always brings in a little dough.

Yes...there will be a 50/50...and squares. Should be a fun evening!

Two weeks to go....which teams will play? Come join the fun on Superbowl Sunday!

Count our family of three in! We'll be there.

Reserve your tickets now! Please join us for what promises to be a great party! Whether you are a football fan or not...there will be lots of fun...food and friends. $12 in advance is a GREAT DEAL!

I wanted to bump this up to the top as this is a very important event for the GSCC.

Please do what you can to support us in our endeavor to raise funds for this very worthy cause. This years event will actually be held INSIDE the recently re-roofed and cleaned Community Center. Come out and see all the progress that has been made to the Center! We need YOUR support!

Food, beer and FOOTBALL on the big screen is the plan!

Every cent of the money that you give will be directly turned back into transforming the Georgia Street neighborhood a thriving community, as we have already witnessed!

We thank everyone for their support and hope to see you at the party!

Res

Res,

Facebook just told me that we'll have yet another reason to party on Sunday.

As much as Cub never wants the attention, at least we can thank his mom for giving birth to him some seventh of February in the past!

Cheers, see you then...

Name:  Birthday-cub.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  21.0 KB

Well, goodness, another Birthday for the Cubster. My, how a yr has flown.

I'd like to see the uncropped version of that photo, I'm certain Marcus has a gun aimed at him...heh.

I just never imagined Cub as a Victoria's Secret Model. Amazing the fellow's versatility.

What did I say about Cub NOT wanting the attention on him?! LOL

What OTHER incriminating photos do you have in your stash, Gnome?!

WAIT...don't want to know. Really.

Gannon, trust me, no one will ever know about the pix of you jumping on the stripper's stage and rubbing the brass off the pole. oh wait

PINK Wings!!! LOL - Isn't there a manly color you could have picked, say blue?

And is the 7th really Cub's birthday?

I really wish we could be there this year, but I have some industrial strength healing I need to get done. We'll be there in spirit tho'!

Yes...it's really his birthday!

Your health and recovery is far more important at this moment! Mr. Blue and I send all our best wishes for you to recover quickly and be able to come and visit. Do what the docs require for now...there will be lots of time to visit later!

Today is the day! Please join us to watch the SuperBowl, have some great food, and in the process help our Building Fund grow. Be sure to dress in layers... may be a little chilly until the party gets "warmed-up" :-)

Thank you to everyone who came to the SuperBowl Party, donated to our efforts, and wished us success. We had a great event thanks to all of you!

Any GSCC events coming up? I suppose this is the time of year to hang in there to get ready for Spring. I hope all of you are doing well.

cman...thanks for asking...

The next event will likely be the Easter Egg Hunt and Breakfast with the Easter Bunny. If you check our website, the front page has pictures of SuperBowl and then a list of upcoming events on the front page.

We are also in the talking stages for a street party of some kind this spring.

Hope all is well with you and thank you again for all your support of GSCC!

Hi Blue,

Great to hear that things are in the works. I will check out the Super Bowl pics. As always, I was sad to not be able to attend. Right now, I am hoping to make it out to Detroit in June or July. I am crossing my fingers. If so, I will certainly stop by the garden again.