Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Dodge Charger in Pleasant Lake

Another case of Parents gone wild. The dad is lucky that the young man didn't get hurt. Also the Chief of Police was very "delicate" when discussing this case on WDIV. No admonishments, non of the usual "this is not the correct method to handle the situation". I bet if this was at Belle Isle the tone and tenor of the story would have been different.

Car falls through ice on Pleasant Lake By Eric Czarnik
    C & G Staff Writer
    WEST BLOOMFIELD — A 2010 Dodge Charger took a spill in Pleasant Lake Jan. 3 after a man allegedly drove it onto thin ice and stranded it there until it sank.
    The incident reportedly occurred in the 6400 block of Leytonstone Boulevard at around 1:20 a.m. A 16-year-old Farmington Hills boy reportedly drove the Charger to a beach area near Pleasant Lake with a 14-year-old West Bloomfield girl and parked there.
    Police Lt. Carl Fuhs said the girl’s father allegedly drove his van up to the Charger while the two teens were reportedly in the back seat.
    “He pulled his daughter out of the back seat, threw her in his van,” Fuhs said. “Then he jumped in the vehicle that was still running ... and drove out onto the ice and left it there, with the boy still in the backseat.”
    After the Charger was on the ice, the father allegedly exited the car and drove off in his van, police said. The boy reportedly jumped into the front seat of the Charger and tried to get it off the ice, but the front left tire had already sunken into the ice by then — making it impossible to move the vehicle. The boy was reportedly still on the ice when police arrived.
    No injuries occurred that night, and a tow truck was eventually able to remove the car from the lake. A witness’s photos revealed that the car was deep in the ice when it was removed. Police said the car belonged to the teen boy’s parents, had about 500 miles on it and had an estimated value of $33,000.
    Police spoke to the girl’s father, a West Bloomfield resident. Fuhs said the man was not arrested at the time, but Fuhs added that the police could seek warrants through the Oakland County Prosecutor’s Office. “The father finally admitted that [[he) lost control and drove the vehicle out on the ice,” Fuhs said.
    A woman affiliated with the subdivision near Pleasant Lake said she was unsure whether any of the incident’s participants lived in the immediate area. “We are very relieved no one was hurt or worse,” she said.

What a pud. I see an imprint in this jackasses forehead from the spine of the Law book in his future.

That's a total loss....

The vehicle owners insurance company has the right to subrogate against the girl's father since he is the person responsible for the damage to the vehicle.

Haaaaaaaaahaaaaaaahahaha

TOTALLED. What a shame. Kinda funny at the same time though.

ziggyselbin Guest

Aside from what could have been a real tragedy had the young man somehow gotten hurt this is not a horrible situation.

The insurance co pays off. The idiotic shit brained moron that put the car there will pay financially and hopefully criminally and the owner of the car will get to have another car

When its you catch you FOURTEEN year old daughter in the back seat of some kid's car, I'm sure you'd sing a different tune.

Still funny none the less.

-Tahleel

ziggyselbin Guest

Quote Originally Posted by tahleel View Post
    When its you catch you FOURTEEN year old daughter in the back seat of some kid's car, I'm sure you'd sing a different tune.

Still funny none the less.

-Tahleel
    No I would not sing a tune to endangering a sixteen year olds life and honestly I am struggling to find any humor here at all.

If all that happened was the brand new car sank into the ice, why is the rear end so caved in? Something doesn't seem right.

Yeah, it will turn out that the father pushed it onto the lake with his SUV.

Cannot wait to hear the rest of this story.

Rage uncontained can be lethal, he is lucky everyone is in one piece.

So's the boy. He's likely to get some form of statutory rape charge, but since that lingers for a lifetime I hope that doesn't happen.

He's going to have a tough enough time looking at backseats from now on.

Yes, He'll be traumatized for a while. This story will get bigger.

smudge pot Guest

If your front porch collapses and kills more than five dogs ...

... you just might be a redneck.

lilpup Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    So's the boy. He's likely to get some form of statutory rape charge, but since that lingers for a lifetime I hope that doesn't happen.

He's going to have a tough enough time looking at backseats from now on.
    He's too young and the age difference is too narrow for there to be a statutory rape charge.

Quote Originally Posted by ziggyselbin View Post
    No I would not sing a tune to endangering a sixteen year olds life and honestly I am struggling to find any humor here at all.
    Congrats! You won this DY argument.

-Tahleel

How is this humorous in any way? How were the father's actions not felonious?

While it is true that according to Michigan law, a 14-year-old girl [[or boy, for that matter) cannot give consent for sexual activity, sexual penetration must have occurred for the 16-year-old boy to be charged with statutory rape.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal View Post
    How is this humorous in any way? How were the father's actions not felonious?

While it is true that according to Michigan law, a 14-year-old girl [[or boy, for that matter) cannot give consent for sexual activity, sexual penetration must have occurred for the 16-year-old boy to be charged with statutory rape.
    Perhaps the laws have changed, but in the mid 80's there was a 16 y.o male person in one of my classes that was charged and I believe convicted of statutory rape for receiving oral from a 14 y.o. female on a corner under a streetlight. Obviously, the guy wasn't the brightest bulb in the pack

^^ The activity that Baselinepunk described would fall under the definition of sexual penetration.

I don't know what the boy and girl were doing in the back seat. I mean, I don't know exactly what they were doing.

Sorry to be so graphic, but there is a legal standard of sexual penetration. That standard/definition is clearly defined in the MCL.

I think the father of the boy who let him drive this damn car with only 500 miles on it [[if not GIVE it to him as a holiday gift recently, again there is more to this story for sure) might be in trouble then for aiding and abetting.

smudge pot Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal View Post
    How is this humorous in any way?
    It's humorous in several obvious ways. One, it was stupid, and stupid is usually funny when no one gets hurt. The dad was stupid for driving the car out onto the ice. If he thought the ice was unsafe, he was stupid for risking his own life. If he thought the ice was safe, he was stupid for forcing himself to walk back to shore.

The boy in the back seat was stupid for not opening the door and bailing out. The girl in the back seat was stupid for being a slut and handing it out. Go ahead and have a hearty, guilt-free laugh at the expense of these people, they're probably rednecks, so don't worry about trying to pose PC.

Quote Originally Posted by smudge pot View Post
    It's humorous in several obvious ways. One, it was stupid, and stupid is usually funny when no one gets hurt. The dad was stupid for driving the car out onto the ice. If he thought the ice was unsafe, he was stupid for risking his own life. If he thought the ice was safe, he was stupid for forcing himself to walk back to shore.

The boy in the back seat was stupid for not opening the door and bailing out. The girl in the back seat was stupid for being a slut and handing it out. Go ahead and have a hearty, guilt-free laugh at the expense of these people, they're probably rednecks, so don't worry about trying to pose PC.
    ROFL! Thank you.

-Tahleel

Retroit Guest

That's one way to break the ice with your girlfriend's father.

"^^ The activity that Baselinepunk described would fall under the definition of sexual penetration."

Thanks for the clarification, Crystal.

"I don't know what the boy and girl were doing in the back seat. I mean, I don't know exactly what they were doing."

I think this is another good point, too. We're all kinda assuming, based on secondary information, that these kiddies were bumping uglies, or some other sexual related contact. They very well may have been just talking, or 'legally prepping" for the act but never followed through [[for various reasons). If there was no illegal contact/interaction, wouldn't the actions of the Father be even more dastardly?

Hmmm.Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought with a 16 year old driver there had to be a licensed adult in the car while the teen is driving.

Back to the original point of the article being posted here:

"Also the Chief of Police was very "delicate" when discussing this case on WDIV. No admonishments, non of the usual "this is not the correct method to handle the situation". I bet if this was at Belle Isle the tone and tenor of the story would have been different."

You are absolutely right, trstar.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast