Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Wanna do some urban exploring without trespassing??

Wait no more!

Here's you tool!!

WANT!!

Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Whitehouse View Post
    Wait no more!

Here's you tool!!

WANT!!
    It's a cool toy, but limited by the distance a wi-fi signal can reach, and penetrate building walls. More useful for the intent the creators intended, as an augmented gaming device.

I think that might still be trespassing. Legal expert?

I had a similar toy only much cheaper [[$20?) from American Science and Surplus. I doubt they still sell it. It was just a couple of remotely-controlled fans stuck to the bottom of a large helium party balloon. No camera though. You could make it climb, descend, turn, twirl. Great fun. Cats are fascinated by it.

http://www.parrot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Johnlodge View Post
    The answer JL, is that it all depends. It would likely be trespassing if the drone flies over private property in such a manner to be obtrusive [[like photographing thru a window). Courts have upheld police surveillance, however, from flying over and seeing pot growing, or using heat monitors from the street to see if someone is using substantial heat lighting [[which led to search warrants).

Several celebs complained to Google about street maps and close up satellite views of their properties. I don't recall any litigation because Google agreed to eliminate the views.

Blarf Guest

That takes the fun out of it. Plus it looks expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnlodge View Post
    Probably not trespassing but if it uses a camera to take photos on private property that is out of site from public view, then yes there would be some legal problems.

Birdshot might remove the annoyance for those of us living outside of city limits.

Not related, but the video seems to have been filmed in France.