Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Buy American Guest

Default Terriorist Hearing Today

http://www.freep.com/article/2010010...edia-spotlight

Obama said we are at war with al-Qaida. This scumbag declared he was al-Qaida. Why is this scumbag having a hearing in Federal Court? How will they pick a jury of his peers when there are none here in America? Why should taxpayers pay for a trial for an animal who tried to kill Americans on Americal soil? How is he afforded the same rights and privileges as an American when he is not American?

This scumbag piece of crap is a war criminal and needs to be tried before a military court, given the death sentence and have it carried out immediately; preferably a public execution so his peers can see what happens to those who try to come over here to kill us. He has no rights here, period! If an American did that and was caught by al-Qaida, the American would be beheaded post-haste.

Ravine Guest

Buy American, your post speaks rather bluntly; I really don't have a direct reply to it.
    But... One thing, which I heard this morning, got me to thinking.
    I heard speculation that The Accused, should he be found Guilty, could be eligible for a reduced sentence if he "tells all that he knows."
    [[All of that is just media-folks speculating, I suppose, but still.)
    I really doubt that this guy "knows" much of anything that amounts to much. I really doubt that, during the course of being trained & prepared for a mission like this one, a very young Nigerian dupe is going to have the opportunity to amass very much info that would be new, or particularly useful, to us.
    I barely even see him as a "terrorist." More like a trained chimp with an identity crisis, a mindless bullet fed into the chamber of a gun about which he, more likely than not, knows very little.

Buy American Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ravine View Post
    Buy American, your post speaks rather bluntly; I really don't have a direct reply to it.
    But... One thing, which I heard this morning, got me to thinking.
    I heard speculation that The Accused, should he be found Guilty, could be eligible for a reduced sentence if he "tells all that he knows."
    [[All of that is just media-folks speculating, I suppose, but still.)
    I really doubt that this guy "knows" much of anything that amounts to much. I really doubt that, during the course of being trained & prepared for a mission like this one, a very young Nigerian dupe is going to have the opportunity to amass very much info that would be new, or particularly useful, to us.
    I barely even see him as a "terrorist." More like a trained chimp with an identity crisis, a mindless bullet fed into the chamber of a gun about which he, more likely than not, knows very little.
    You are probably right, this scum is just a mindless vessel for a cause that is dedicated to killing all Americans. However, he wasn't unintelligent or mindless. From what I've heard, he is educated, comes from a wealthy family and knew what he was doing. He is a terriorist, just as the Fort Hood murderer is a terriorist. I don't feel he should be afforded the same protections that Americans receive. He came over here to kill us...not only those on the plane but those on the ground. Studies showed that the plane would have come down in St. Clair Shores or the Grosse Pointes and many people would have been killed. I don't want him to get a slap on the wrist, thrown into one of our jails, fed three squares a day, receive excellent [[or better) health care then some people here in Michigan receive, then released a few years down the line, deported back to his country and allowed to do this all over again. This war [[which was declared by Obama yesterday) will not be ending any time soon. Someone needs to be made an example of....him, the Fort Hood murderer. There would not be a "fair trial" over in the Middle East, I would bet my last dime on that.

I am madder than hell.

Ravine Guest

Your anger is understandable [[and wholly rational,) and you sure as hell won't be getting any argument from me.
    Your point is well taken. The louse just might know a little something of use.
    The airline industry is really shot to hell, now. Bad scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Buy American View Post

Obama said we are at war with al-Qaida. This scumbag declared he was al-Qaida. Why is this scumbag having a hearing in Federal Court? How will they pick a jury of his peers when there are none here in America? Why should taxpayers pay for a trial for an animal who tried to kill Americans on Americal soil? How is he afforded the same rights and privileges as an American when he is not American?

This scumbag piece of crap is a war criminal and needs to be tried before a military court, given the death sentence and have it carried out immediately; preferably a public execution so his peers can see what happens to those who try to come over here to kill us. He has no rights here, period! If an American did that and was caught by al-Qaida, the American would be beheaded post-haste.
    because we are better than the savages.

Ravine Guest

"...because we are better than the savages..."

Better at what? Not at everything, it seems, or they wouldn't be winning, which they are.

I really doubt that this guy "knows" much of anything that amounts to much
    While I'm sure he wont have the location of Osama bin Laden, some other small piece of intel can lead to something bigger. Even if he can just drop a few names of smaller key figures, that would be helpful.

HOWEVER, I'm sure that Mr. Umar wouldn't want to look like a snitch to his fellow Al Queda. I'm gonna go ahead and say, we're not getting any further intel of this guy.

Buy American Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    because we are better than the savages.
    Yes, we are better than the savages, that's why I love America. But, we can't be easy on these terriorists, we have to be strong and show the world that we are madder than hell and not going to take it anymore!!! There is no mystery or doubt about this scumbag. He hid a syringe up his butt, explosive powder in his crotch, set himself on fire [[accidentally), admitted he was al-Qaida and is not an American. What will a trial accomplish? Why should my tax dollars pay for his defense? Why should Americans have to pay for his care? Someone needs to make some major changes in our government to let these terriorists know....if you come here to kill Americans and are caught, you will be executed within a week...no deals, no deporting, no 20 years in jail...you are toast!

Yes, we are better than the savages, that's why I love America. But, we can't be easy on these terriorists, we have to be strong and show the world that we are madder than hell and not going to take it anymore!!! There is no mystery or doubt about this scumbag. He hid a syringe up his butt, explosive powder in his crotch, set himself on fire [[accidentally), admitted he was al-Qaida and is not an American. What will a trial accomplish? Why should my tax dollars pay for his defense? Why should Americans have to pay for his care? Someone needs to make some major changes in our government to let these terriorists know....if you come here to kill Americans and are caught, you will be executed within a week...no deals, no deporting, no 20 years in jail...you are toast!
    So, eight years and two full scale wars and hundreds of thousands dead there is telegraphing weakness, but sending the panty bomber to gitmo would be "getting tough"?

Bin-laden declared WAR against the United States since 1991.

Al-Qaeda declared WAR against the United States since 1992.

George Bush declared WAR against the Bin-laden and Al Qaeda since 1993.

Bill Clinton declared WAR against the Bin-laden and Al Qaeda since 1994.

The Taliban declared WAR against the United States since 2001.

George Bush II declared WAR against the Taliban since 2002.

And Now President Obama sez.."WE ARE AT WAR!" an everlasting war against global terrorism. The terrorists especially Islamofacists will not stop the war until every last American, Israel and other western nations will leave their holy desests. The U.S. will never the war until all terrorist [[including Islamofacists) is wipe out from the face of Earth. There will be NO peace treaty against terrorism. This fight will like out of Revelations when Jesus and People of New Jerusalem will fight against the United World of Satan and his Angels. Who will be burn up in the Lake of Fire? The WICKED who didn't see the truth, peace the Light of God and his mighty kingdom. The WICKED will be judge in ARMEGGEDON. Repent while still have the chance.

WORD FROM THE STREET PROPHET!
    Last edited by Danny; January-08-10 at 11:54 AM.

The precedent has been set to try the terrorist defendants in a Federal court rather than a military tribunal. Richard Reid [[the shoe bomber), Zaccarias Moussaoui [[the 20th 9/11 terrorist), Jose Padilla and the defendants in the first WTC bombing in 1993 were all tried and convicted in a Federal court and are all in Federal prisons serving lengthy terms. It demonstrates the strength of our legal system and our confidence in it that these extraordinary events can be handled under normal legal proceedings rather than resort to a kangaroo court or some sort of legal lynching.

bartock Guest

From the looks of things from my perch, things are pretty wild down there. What's with the sirens?

bartock Guest

Oh, nevermind. Plea is in. Should have checked the Freep first.

Was anyone down there today?? I heard there was going to be protests and all kinds of activity around the courthouse.

There was an item on the Dutch 20:00 NOS journal. It was specifically about the largest Muslim community in the US, in Dearborn. Turns out there is hardly any animosity between the American Muslim community and other US citizens. Especially the owner of the Libanese bakery in Dearborn, who invited the journalist inside [["The view is much better here.") was appaled by this attack.
    Like any other American they see this attack as an attack at their own country. And they also pointed out that because there is that large community, the airplane also had a large ammount of people from the middle east. So in this terrorist attack a lot of Muslims would have died also.

It's a mess, once the would be bomber [[uh - I dare not say terrorist) was read the "Miranda" the fix was in. We come across [[globally) without even conviction of the of intent and directives of those who want to see us dead right before us. Now with a defense attorney the man that stopped him will come out as offender... Well, not quite...[[we can hope) but how nuts can things get? No, don't answer that... After all the plane was over "Detroit", which did not really get Obama's attention until after 72 hours when he finally "broke" away from his vacation to chat with us about it.... hmmm, what an irony. No not really. Eyes wide shut...

Oh btw I am not a republican [[for those who assume any less then sterling reference re. Obama must be "right wing" inspired). LOL!

Last edited by Zacha341; January-08-10 at 08:06 PM.

Once read the Miranda it got jacked up... the bomber will be schooled to use the [[our system) against us by his defense attorney. Perhaps the ACLU will help him... LOL! All jokes aside the president is a bound many when it comes being direct in his response against terrorism. He will always attempt an oblique approach which will be read international for what it is. On one level president Obama is bound by the effort to do nothing that resembles any shade or simblance of a "Bush" response. Yet events that have occurred over the last few weeks are hard for him [[and us) to ignore without "some" eyebrow raising. On top of that he is "Peace Prize" recipient, hence more of the obliqueness and vagueness he is "bound" to. It had to be hard for him to use the word "terrorism" yet he finally did [[we are at war with al-Qaida...)

PS. I am NOT full-out advocating Bushes response regarding terrorism, however there is something wrong with this current admins response too... That Napolitono fixture needs to go fast. She flip-flopped twice in 48 hours re. our response and prevention systems re. the Christmas day attempts. Referencing at one point that all was well - jingle-bells. Right... It was just a guy with fire work pants. Now we see it is far deeper. She may need to go under the buss at some point. Less we go under it.
    You are probably right, this scum is just a mindless vessel for a cause that is dedicated to killing all Americans. However, he wasn't unintelligent or mindless. From what I've heard, he is educated, comes from a wealthy family and knew what he was doing. He is a terriorist, just as the Fort Hood murderer is a terriorist. I don't feel he should be afforded the same protections that Americans receive. He came over here to kill us...not only those on the plane but those on the ground. Studies showed that the plane would have come down in St. Clair Shores or the Grosse Pointes and many people would have been killed. I don't want him to get a slap on the wrist, thrown into one of our jails, fed three squares a day, receive excellent [[or better) health care then some people here in Michigan receive, then released a few years down the line, deported back to his country and allowed to do this all over again. This war [[which was declared by Obama yesterday) will not be ending any time soon. Someone needs to be made an example of....him, the Fort Hood murderer. There would not be a "fair trial" over in the Middle East, I would bet my last dime on that.

I am madder than hell.
    Last edited by Zacha341; January-08-10 at 08:29 PM.

Route29 Guest

Well if you knew shit about America, or anything, for that matter, which your posts seem to indicate that you don't, our legal system is based on English Common Law, which derives much of its power from Precedent. Dig this, GI Joe, if we go around simply executing would-be terrorists, we set the precedent that it is ok to execute people without a fair trial. If we set that precedent, that could easily be extended to not just terrorists, but petty criminals, and people who simply disagree with the government.

Believe me, I'd love to see this fucker fry. I mean drawn and quartered. Taking away his right to trial may give you a reason to peel out in your Hummer and fire off your M-16, but it wouldn't do America any good in the long run.

Buy American Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Route29 View Post
    Well if you knew shit about America, or anything, for that matter, which your posts seem to indicate that you don't, our legal system is based on English Common Law, which derives much of its power from Precedent. Dig this, GI Joe, if we go around simply executing would-be terrorists, we set the precedent that it is ok to execute people without a fair trial. If we set that precedent, that could easily be extended to not just terrorists, but petty criminals, and people who simply disagree with the government.

Believe me, I'd love to see this fucker fry. I mean drawn and quartered. Taking away his right to trial may give you a reason to peel out in your Hummer and fire off your M-16, but it wouldn't do America any good in the long run.

I know we have laws, some good, some bad. A wonderful thing about America is that I can write my feelings down on a forum and not have someone come knocking at my door to take my computer, throw me in a jail somewhere and lose the key. I am mad at these a$$holes coming over here and thinking they can get away with it. I have a friend whose son was injured over there...do you think he's taken care of like the Fort Hood murderer? No! Do you think he gets the same top notch medical treatment that the crotchplot terriorist got at the hospital for his burns? No! What is pissing me off is the fact that these scumbags have rights in our country that they don't deserve, while the victims [[our fighting men and women) don't get afforded the same rights.. Take care of our boys and girls, make sure their homes don't get foreclosed on while they are fighting these a$$holes, make sure their jobs are waiting for them when they come home and for God's sake, give them the best medical and psychological care possible. Priorities are really messed up.
    Last edited by Buy American; January-08-10 at 11:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    It's a mess, once the would be bomber [[uh - I dare not say terrorist) was read the "Miranda" the fix was in. We come across [[globally) without even conviction of the of intent and directives of those who want to see us dead right before us. Now with a defense attorney the man that stopped him will come out as offender... Well, not quite...[[we can hope) but how nuts can things get? No, don't answer that... After all the plane was over "Detroit", which did not really get Obama's attention until after 72 hours when he finally "broke" away from his vacation to chat with us about it.... hmmm, what an irony. No not really. Eyes wide shut...

Oh btw I am not a republican [[for those who assume any less then sterling reference re. Obama must be "right wing" inspired). LOL!

It sounds like you don't have much faith in our legal system to allow it and the protections it offers to go forward with the case of the would-be bomber. You may have forgotten that the shoe bomber Richard Reid was tried and convicted in a Federal court, that the 20th 9/11 terrorist was tried and convicted in a Federal court, that the terrorist bombers of the WTC in 1993 were all tried and convicted in a Federal court. And now they all sit in Federal prisons.

You say it took Obama 72 hours to respond to the most recent attack. I'm certain he now wishes he had responded sooner. Did you realize that Bush didn't respond to the shoe bomber' terrorist attempt until 6 days after the attack and that was only in passing at a press conference. Did you realize that members of the al Qaeda group who planned this latest terrorist attempt were released from Guantanamo Bay prison by Bush.

Buy American, it sounds like you have issues with the Veteran's Administration and I hope your relations receive the care they deserve. There was a story on 60 Minutes last Sunday about just that topic of denial of benefits to recent veterans.

Yep, he probably does wish he'd responded faster but was given a pass for not doing so for the most part...

Regarding Bush's falterings... Not justifying them or him one bit. I don't justify the spend-spend policies of the Bush admin either... The bigger "issue" is that we should be wondering why the pattern continues...[[quadrupled spending under Obama)? Moreover, we need to be taking note that it continues [[instead of giving it a pass). And regarding prisoner release, well Obama is promoting more of that too.

Re. faith in our legal system, well we shall see. But with the obliqueness of the current administration and our re-doubling over to be "politically" correct in the face of all of this, the system may become more ineffective.

We shall see....
    Quote Originally Posted by eno View Post
    It sounds like you don't have much faith in our legal system to allow it and the protections it offers to go forward with the case of the would-be bomber. You may have forgotten that the shoe bomber Richard Reid was tried and convicted in a Federal court, that the 20th 9/11 terrorist was tried and convicted in a Federal court, that the terrorist bombers of the WTC in 1993 were all tried and convicted in a Federal court. And now they all sit in Federal prisons.

You say it took Obama 72 hours to respond to the most recent attack. I'm certain he now wishes he had responded sooner. Did you realize that Bush didn't respond to the shoe bomber' terrorist attempt until 6 days after the attack and that was only in passing at a press conference. Did you realize that members of the al Qaeda group who planned this latest terrorist attempt were released from Guantanamo Bay prison by Bush.

I know we have laws, some good, some bad. A wonderful thing about America is that I can write my feelings down on a forum and not have someone come knocking at my door to take my computer, throw me in a jail somewhere and lose the key.
    That's not really true. There have been several cases where exactly that has happened; people have been arrested for forum posts or blogs. I'm too lazy to search for examples right now, but they pop up in the news from time to time.

Then there are the civil lawsuits also.

The right to remain silent is NOT what we should being given captured terrorists.Intell is short lived.He knows who trained him,where,when and how.Yes good police work will lead to future attacks being stopped,but not if he clams up.
    I never heard where he tried to ignite his shorts.Was it on final to Mero.Over water or over one of DYers homes?

Zacha, You have a terribly short memory. Have you forgotten the credit market collapse and the mortgage crisis we're still in? Bush and Obama put forward economic stimulus packages to prop up the credit banks and stimulate an economic recovery that we're in the midst of. The thinking is that taxes generated by the recovery will eventually pay for the programs. To place the blame at Obama's feet is short-sighted.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast