Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Ravine Guest

Default Pipe Tobacco Resources?

I live on the NW side of Detroit [[Plymouth/Greenfield area.) I work close to the site of [[sigh) old Tiger Stadium.
    I am looking for more places that sell good pipe tobacco. I am sick of rolling out to the east side [[Hill & Hill) or making the trek to JR Cigar at 12 & Northwestern.
    Yeah, I know; those places are not that far, but I don't like driving, and working midnights means that I sleep during "normal business hours," so I-- as is my custom-- am looking to make my life easier.
    I know about the Yellow Pages, yeah yeah, but the thing about that is that I can't tell, from the listings, whether or not it's a place that sells the good stuff, or just a place that sells Captain Black, et al, and/or a selection of that weird shit that the Arab-American guys stuff into hookahs.
    So, if any of you know of such a place, around here or downtown, please clue me in.

Have you considered buying online?

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...f&oq=&aqi=g-m2

Check the web! Lots of good deals. That's how I get my cigars

Ravine Guest

Thanks, Pam & Pgn. I do that, but sometimes [[like now,) I run a bit low, and the wait for on-line orders is inconvenient.
    Plus, some places have "house blends" [[which-- usually-- are really just bulk blends from big distributors, bought in quantity and "named" by the place selling them,) and I can I.D. ones that I would like by getting the "up close & personal" whiff of 'em.

What about Walts or Walters? next to Lafayette Coney Island

You can always call Churchill's in Birmingham and they'll send it out - doesn't have to be "on-line"

Quote Originally Posted by tarkus View Post
    What about Walts or Walters? next to Lafayette Coney Island
    That's what I was going to say. They seem pretty busy, so they might have a selection of fresh tobacco.

Ravine Guest

Thanks!! I'm going to check out Walter's.