Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default What happened to the Weatherization thread?

Hi All.
    What happened to the weatherization thread that was posted last week on the old forum? I could not find it before the old forum was shut down and I cannot find it on this new forum. Please help!!!!

On 4/4 I called the ph. no. for the City of Detroit and they told me to call [[313) 852-5625. The guy[[ that sounded very bored) when he answered took my name and no. and would pass it on and someone would contact me. Now of course this was Easter/Passover week and I'm sure they're overwhelmed with requests so I didn't expect to be contacted anytime soon. I will call the no. listed on the MCAAA. org website for my zip code to find out more info.

Has anybody gotten any info, how to apply, timeline, etc.? Please pass it on if you know of anything.

Thanks

Thanks! I finally found the old thread and I too called the number that was given only to be referred to the new phone number to a guy that sounded bored. I hope he passes my info along.

Nativegirl,

Glad to know I wasn't the only one who thought the guy sounded bored. Still haven't heard anything. If you do let us know and I'll do the same.

msamslex

My mom called back on April 1 when you were able to start calling. She got the guy who took her number because another number the voicemail was full. She tried later that day for the other number and was able to get to talk to someone. They took her name, number, address and they asked how much she makes a month. My mom also found out that it would probably be a while before people are contacted for appointments because there was soooo many who called for the program. But they did say if you are not home they would leave a message on the answering machine.

I hope this answers some questions.

Faygoredpop,

Thanks for the info. I'm sure they're overwhelmed with requests. So many people are out of work but need to maintain their homes and you can't replace a roof, windows, etc. if you have no money. Or even if you have a job those major repairs aren't cheap.

msamslex