Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default New Bar in Hamtown.

Skipper's Hamtown bar to open soon. Watch for it - 9735 Conant Street between Edwin and Evaline. 1KielsonDrive@live.com

what did it used to be? Norwalk Bar?

Is this owned by the Downtown Skipper?

It's the old , Cactus Jakes, or something like that

Will bumper stickers be available?

Quote Originally Posted by pgn421 View Post
    what did it used to be? Norwalk Bar?
    The Chill & Mingle. Prior to that it was Sneaky Pete's.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    Is this owned by the Downtown Skipper?
    Yuuuuupppppp!

Quote Originally Posted by jams View Post
    Will bumper stickers be available?
    Anything for Jams. Even if you haven't stopped by the Dally or called or emailed.

What kind of crowd are you looking to attract? Drink or food specials?

-Tahleel

Quote Originally Posted by tahleel View Post
    What kind of crowd are you looking to attract? Drink or food specials?

-Tahleel
    A mixed crowd. It won't be a club. More like a neighborhood bar with a wine list and coffees. Opening will be bare bones just to get the buzz out there. Coffee and food will come later. This is an evolution born of economic distress. I need to buy a job. Ha, ha, - kidding - but only partially. I've wanted another bar in Detroit or Hamtramck for a long time. As much as I'd have liked going back into Detroit, I don't ever want to deal with city hall in Detroit again. I love the city but hate the adminstration and bureaucrats - for most part. Detroit is agonizingly difficult to do business with. I'll see how Hamtramck is.

Lot of us like coffee houses but also want a drink and/or a sandwich from time to time. Could be a winner.

Skipper's Hamtown is up and running. 9735 Conant Street between Edwin and Evaline. Open at 6PM monday through saturday. Earlier hours coming soon. You'll be able to see the joint as you walk/crawl/drive by - I got the electricity restored to the awning. It still says Chill & Mingle. Skipper's Hamtown will replace the old name in the spring. If you're interested in a dart or pool league, email me at 1kielsondrive@live.com. If you're interested in showing your art or reading from your book - holler. Consider hosting your non-religious, non-partisan, political fund raiser at Skipper's. Wanna do a performance? Let's talk.
    Last edited by 1KielsonDrive; January-21-10 at 12:43 PM.

Stop in friday and saturday evenings after 6PM. Darts and juke are due for delivery. A few new beers have been added to the already lengthy selection, as well as a port wine and wines by the glass. See'ya!

I'd sure like to see a bunch of new Hamtown faces gracing my barroom tonight. You can walk in and crawl out. It ain't too far from anything in Hamtown.

Friday was a good night at Skipper's Hamtown. Not real busy, but some new faces from the neighborhood stopped by. It's nice to have Hamtowners discover my place. Those who came in met and enjoyed discussion and music with other's. We're on a roll.

is that the place next door to a chiropractic clinic?

you should put this in the connections part of the forum. I don't think many people look in here.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfie1a View Post
    is that the place next door to a chiropractic clinic?

you should put this in the connections part of the forum. I don't think many people look in here.
    Yes. Thanks for the tip Alfie.

There is a tae-kwondo gym right next door. So ... so ... go to Skippers and if you earn it, he will give you a black belt in marital arts drinking.

Quote Originally Posted by RickBeall View Post
    There is a tae-kwondo gym right next door. So ... so ... go to Skippers and if you earn it, he will give you a black belt in marital arts drinking.
    Rick, I'll leave the 'marital arts' to you. I'll handle the 'martial arts drinking'. Arrrggghhh.

sounds like you need a to name a drink after your neighbor, "The Tae-Kwondon't"

Are you still planning on a pool league? My boyfriend and I might be interested in that! We aren't that great but it we have been playing weekly at Snooker's and a league would be great!

Quote Originally Posted by tkierpiec View Post
    Are you still planning on a pool league? My boyfriend and I might be interested in that! We aren't that great but it we have been playing weekly at Snooker's and a league would be great!
    Yes, a pool league and a dart league are definitely in the planning. Billy, the former owner of the Comet Bar and Mary 'Cookie' Wolfe, from the Flying Apron, formerly at Eastern Market, are putting them together. I'll post information as soon as it's available.

Quote Originally Posted by tkierpiec View Post
    You certainly can't be any worse than I am.

I went to Skipper's Hamtown Saturday night and he hit me with my favorite drink. I slammed it down and cast a evil eye on the scurvey crowd around me.

Okay, so it was just a cola ... and the only scurvey person in the crowd was probably me. But I had some great conversation. Skipper is a great host!

Quote Originally Posted by RickBeall View Post
    I went to Skipper's Hamtown Saturday night and he hit me with my favorite drink. I slammed it down and cast a evil eye on the scurvey crowd around me.

Okay, so it was just a cola ... and the only scurvey person in the crowd was probably me. But I had some great conversation. Skipper is a great host!
    "scurvey crowd"? Hey Beall, I resemble that remark. [[Thanks, Rick).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast