Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Man Arrested In NW Flight Disturbance to Detroit

http://www.clickondetroit.com/video/22170064/

WTF......is Detroit the destination of terrorists and crazies. I must have missed that ad at the travel agency.

More info:
    By JENNIFER LEBOVICH

jlebovich@MiamiHerald.com

An Ohio man who became loud and disruptive aboard a flight from Miami to Detroit -- at one point shouting ``kill all the Jews'' -- was removed from the airplane and taken into custody by Miami-Dade police.
    The man arrested was identified as Mansor Mohammad Asad, 43. Police say he caused a ``disturbance,'' forcing the pilot to decide to return to the jet-bridge.
    When Asad was taken off the plane to be interviewed by police, he threatened officers, made racial comments and charged an officer, authorities said.
    Asad was charged with threats against a public servant, disorderly conduct and resisting an officer without violence to his person.
    The action taken by officials on the Delta Airlines flight comes at a time of heightened security at U.S. airports following the foiled attempt by a Nigerian to blow up an airplane on Christmas Day.
    FBI spokeswoman Judy Orihuela said the bureau was notified and concluded it was a local police matter.
    On Wednesday, the crew aboard the flight scheduled to leave at 5:45 p.m. from Miami International Airport decided to return the flight to its gate, where police took four passengers into custody, according to Homeland Security spokeswoman Sari Koshetz.
    She said four passengers were taken off a plane from Miami to Detroit after making ``inappropriate remarks and acting disruptively.''
    Police did not release any information about the other passengers.
    After the passengers were removed, those onboard were rescreened and the flight was cleared for departure.
    According to Miami-Dade police, here's what happened:
    The plane was taxiing when the captain decided to return to the jet-bridge.
    Passengers on the plane told police Asad was ``loud and disruptive, using anti-Semitic references such as, `I'm Palestinian and I want kill all the Jews,' '' Miami-Dade police Detective Javier Baez said in a statement.
    Asad was speaking in a foreign language, thought to be Arabic.
    He was taken off the plane and searched, police said. While they tried to search him, he berated officers and made racist comments.
    According to the arrest affidavit, Asad said: `` `I'm not afraid of you cops. I've gotten in fights with cops in Ohio and broke their arms in three places. I've broken skulls too.' ''
    He then prayed and chanted, before telling a cop to ``Go back to Africa, you white racist cop!''
    Asad was searched, but officers did not find any weapons or explosives.
    During the search, his socks and shoes were removed. An officer took off Asad's right handcuff so he could put them back on.
    When the officer did that, Asad once again started yelling at the officers.
    He ``stood up and rolled his sleeves up. He then clenched his fists and charged,'' toward an officer, the report said.
    He wouldn't stop and an officer used a Taser on him. Asad fell to the ground, but did not listen to officers' commands and then tried to stand up. A Taser was used a second time.
    He was then handcuffed and taken to the jail.

Quote Originally Posted by Searay215 View Post
    Go back to Africa, you white racist cop!''.
    mmmkay. . . . .

Glad the passengers didn't have to listen to that for an hour and a half.

Glad my flying is limited to one round trip a year. I'm tempted to try Amtrak next trip, but to get a sleeper is more expensive than airfare. On top of that, I have to drive 90 miles to the Amtrak station in Kingman, AZ, from here. Where's Trainman when ya really need him?