Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Thread: Apocalypse Man

Default Apocalypse Man

Anybody watching the apocalypse of Detroit on the history channel right now??

No.

I will try to check it out though.

How perfect....where else in the country can you find hundreds of sqare miles of apocalyptic landscape for free......we might as well start practicing. This is a great learning tool....I guess!

That show was hilarious! You got to see it, it's gonna show again at 1 am thurs and 11 pm friday. It's just a damn shame that Detroit can be a perfect setting. There are tons of things this guy does that is sheer garbage, some good though I guess.

I'll have to check it tonight. I saw a preview and thought that it could be good to watch, just in case I end up in a situation where I'm thinking "I wish I watched that show, now what?" LOL!

Default Why no firearm?

This guy running about unarmed is sure folly. Even staying around an urban area with all the disease and bodies is stupid. A few interesting tidbits though.

I found the demonstration on how to make bio-fuel in the field interesting. I thought that he could have gotten a better vehicle, however. Nothing like driving past a Pontiac G6 while sporting a mid '70's Suburban. lol.

I came into the program about a quarter of the way in. I immediately recognized the landscape as soon as I saw it. A CB broadcasting on Ch. 9 on top of a building will reach some 26 miles? Hmmm.

As to the why no firearms -- I would think that firearms would not be so easy to get your hands on [[unless your hands are already on them) during this situation. I like "sans firearms" method of demonstration. Ammo would be scarce; however, have wrist rocket, will travel.

As to the why no firearms -- I would think that firearms would not be so easy to get your hands on [[unless your hands are already on them) during this situation. I like "sans firearms" method of demonstration. Ammo would be scarce; however, have wrist rocket, will travel.
    Very good point sir. If you don't own a firearm, especially a good rifle or shotgun, and not properly trained in it's use, then you are a Sheep waiting for the slaughter. Only you, and you alone are responsible for your own protection. The government is not!

Filed under "works works for me, but perhaps not you", I've found that "Mad Max" and "The Road Warrior" provide a pretty good primer on what could happen if the shit hit the fan.

Unfortunately, with this "new" doomsday approaching there's been a dearth of "when society falls ... " "specials" flooding the airwaves. I don't know if I can take another round of this; I just got through all of my Y2K provisions last year and loath having to stock up all over again.

bump, on again now.