Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Majestic Theatre Complex to expand

From today's version of Model D:

Detroit Development News

April 14, 2009
    Majestic acquires building next door, further expanding the complex

The Majestic Theater Center is about to get even larger, as owner Dave Zainea's purchase of the adjacent Apartment Finders building to the south will allow for expansion.

Zainea has contracted with Archive DS for some design and use analysis. Proposed uses include ground floor retail and office space. Another possibility being considered is a room that would be part of the bowling alley and could be used for small shows or private parties.

In the meantime, a new entrance to the Alley Deck will be constructed so patrons can access the outdoor bar directly from the Garden Bowl on the ground floor without going through the Magic Stick on the second -- which can be an issue during a show. The new staircase will be built in the Apartment Finders building just outside the south wall of the bowling alley.

First up: a new roof. Work starts on that this week. For more info on the Alley Deck, which opened last summer, click here.

Source: Dave Zainea, The Majestic Center
    Writer: Kelli B. Kavanaugh
    http://www.modeldmedia.com/developme...stic18709.aspx

>>>Rocko, how's the pizza in that pizza joint within Majestic?

That "Apartment Finders" building is one that they could demo and rebuild and I wouldn't shed a tear.

Saw them working on the roof last night and wondered what was up. Does anyone know if the Apartment Finders are moving?

Here's how C. Howard Crane's 1915 built Majestic Theatre [[original seating 1,531 seats) originally looked like before the 1930's Woodward widening took off the building facade and lobby. It had a Venetian Gothic facade...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

This is pretty cool...and I wondered about the entrance to the deck being through the Stick. Can't wait for it to warm up so that I can have a sip and snack on that deck!

The Veggie Pesto pizza is excellent.

When are those owners going to replace those ugly and stripped wooden lanes at the Garden Bowl? I will not bowl at those lanes until I see synthetic lanes being installed.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    When are those owners going to replace those ugly and stripped wooden lanes at the Garden Bowl? I will not bowl at those lanes until I see synthetic lanes being installed.
    No wonder people don't take you seriously Danny. You want to remove part of the charm of America's oldest operating bowling alley.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Terrible idea! What would I blame my score on?

gravitymachine Guest

they'll replace them when they finally sand through them, and they are so warped/dished these days that it can't be long now