Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Dumars for Governor?

Some Democrats have put out feelers to Detroit Pistons president Joe Dumars to find out if the former basketball star would be interesting in running for Governor.

http://www.wwj.com/Joe-Dumars-Name-M...r-Talk/6048451

That would be the biggest mistake for Joe D. He is a great GM for the Pistons, but I highly doubt he would be a successful politician.

You have got to be kidding me! Is this going to be the decade of electing inexperienced people to high political positions?

Stosh Guest

Sorry but no. I'm not that impressed with his performance as GM of the Pistons as of late either. I think he got incredibly lucky early on in his career, then later moves were not so good.

Joe D for governor NO WAY! No political priciples. He only has sport promoting businesses and basketball skills.

He'll never do it, if for no other reason than being plagued by questions about the Darko draft choice scandal.

When I heard that I was like WTF?

The Billups trade worked out pretty well for him.

[[That's what we here call "sarcasm," son.)

I saw this on Fox 2 news this morning also. It seems like an idea that Tim Skubick is floating. Fox 2 & WWJ are the only outlets with this story, and gee, Skubick just happens to do work for them both.

Pure Nonsense

Retroit Guest

Considering who he may be running against, he just might win.

There is also a lot of truth in what Detwa said. Experience no longer seems to be a criteria for voters when choosing candidates. It's all about "star power".

I still like what I hear from Snyder.

not going to happen.. Dumars would likely run on the GOP ticket anyway... brand himself as a "moderate", but lose out in the primary...

Um is this like the sacrificial lamb because the democrats are likely to lose anyway? If that is the case just bring in Fieger. he is good for the sound bites.