Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    littlebuddy Guest

Default Bret Hume say Tiger Woods should...

become a christian. Don't have a link, but if he said it I sure word will get around.

hume is a small-minded asswipe. who cares?

Put Hume and Dennis Miller in a bag, and you got two farts in a bag.

Brit Hume...that his real hair? He in the closet?

Rideron Guest

Obviously a lot of anti-Christian sentiment here.

Hume did a good job of hiding his Christianity while he was a journalist.

Now as a commentator, he isn't under those ethical considerations.

Religion is bunk.

Hume forecasts Woods will recover as a golfer but
    ...Whether he can recover as a person depends on "his faith. He's said to be a Buddhist. I don't think that faith offers the kind of forgiveness and redemption that is offered by the Christian faith. So my message to Tiger would be, "Tiger, turn to the Christian faith and you can make a total recovery and be a great example to the world."

[And how many news reports are about Buddhists cheating on their wives? Christians tell me that if you cheat on your wife, you're really not a Christian no matter how many times you've gone to church or been baptized. Then there are the other Christians who believe that all their sins including their future ones have already been forgiven and all they have to do is believe in Jesus to go to heaven. Sounds like Hume is in the latter group.]

Blarf Guest

Yes, I'm sure imaginary friends and fairy tales will make Tiger a better person.

Is Britt still relevant?

Who cares what a washed up news anchor has to say?

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Brit Hume...that his real hair? He in the closet?
    No, but his son Sandy was...and on the eve of being outed by Newt Gingrich he killed himself. Brit and Newt are still chummy. After all-- to a christianist a dead son is preferable to a gay one.
    Last edited by bailey; January-06-10 at 10:39 AM.

Quote: "After all-- to a chirstianist a dead son is preferable to a gay one."

You are a very sick individual, you probably know that already, but I thought I would just reiterate it for you. Get some help. To even consider something like that and then publicly post your deranged twisted venom, speaks volumes.
    Last edited by Sstashmoo; January-06-10 at 10:09 AM.

"I don't think that faith [Buddhism] offers the kind of forgiveness and redemption that is offered by the Christian faith."

-B. Hume

"My God has a bigger dick than your God."

-G. Carlin

I just wonder how long a thread devoted to aspersions about Judaism, Blacks, Gays or any other group would last here? In fairness it's no different than a Nazi skin head blog in that regard, that some of you cringe at the thought of. Hate and venom towards any peoples is wrong.
    Last edited by Sstashmoo; January-06-10 at 10:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sstashmoo View Post
    Quote: "After all-- to a chirstianist a dead son is preferable to a gay one."

You are a very sick individual, you probably know that already, but I thought I would just reiterate it for you. Get some help. To even consider something like that and then publicly post your deranged twisted venom, speaks volumes.
    What in the offending post isn't true?

would you like to discuss the christian values of the families that disown their children if they come out? Should we talk about the amount of gay and lesbian children, teenagers and young adults that are homeless because their god loving families kick them out of the home to fend for themselves? Should we talk about gay and lesbian suicide rates in people with ultra religious home lives?Should we discuss American christianist support of Uganda's "kill the gays" bill...lest you think I'm being dramatic, the bill calls for the execution of any gay person with HIV and the life long incarceration [[which is just a slower execution) of anyone known or thought to be gay? Or should we talk about Brit's buddy Newt Gingrich and his leaking a story about Sandy Hume and Sen Paxton being lovers as retribution for an attempted intra-party coup?
    Last edited by bailey; January-06-10 at 10:39 AM.

I just wonder how long a thread devoted to aspersions about Judaism, Blacks, Gays or any other group would last here? In fairness it's no different than a Nazi skin head blog in that regard, that some of you cringe at the thought of. Hate and venom towards any peoples is wrong.
    Brit himself..in his own words that are the original statement that is the topic of this thread.... denigrated another belief system and proselytized his own..on national television. Where is your heartfelt defense of Tiger's Buddhist beliefs?
    Last edited by bailey; January-06-10 at 10:40 AM.

Take one tidbit of information and apply it to a multitude. The foundation of all bigotry. Your ignorance warrants no other reply.
    Last edited by Sstashmoo; January-06-10 at 11:54 AM.

Do you have any reputable news source for your Gingrich allegation [[and not loony left blogs)? I suppose Hume's suicide could have nothing to do with his being an alcoholic who resumed drinking, got cited and arrested for a DUI while driving 75 mph in a 45 zone, attempted suicide while in jail and later succeeded at home with a gun.

Take one tidbit of information and apply it to a multitude. The foundation of all bigotry. Your ignorance warrants no other reply.
    So...in other words, denigration of religion is ok as long as it's not your religion?

Quote: "So...in other words, denigration of religion is ok as long as it's not your religion?"

You seem a bit thick, I'm reacting to this: "to a christianist a dead son is preferable to a gay one."

Care to validate this statement? And please no bullshit articles. Reveal your credible source that leads you to believe that Christianity is even remotely like that. In your all knowing community college way of thinking, to say something so hateful, you must have something concrete to base it on. Or is it just ignorance and bias? I know the answer.
    Last edited by Sstashmoo; January-06-10 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jiminnm View Post
    Do you have any reputable news source for your Gingrich allegation [[and not loony left blogs)? I suppose Hume's suicide could have nothing to do with his being an alcoholic who resumed drinking, got cited and arrested for a DUI while driving 75 mph in a 45 zone, attempted suicide while in jail and later succeeded at home with a gun.
    The same sources that for years discussed larry craig, mark foley, charlie christ, roy cohn....

Or, how about just Joe Scarborough? I know the article iis from the Huffington Post, but does that make Scarborough's story untrue?
    "Hume's death represented an opportunity for revenge for some in the Armey camp," writes Scarborough, who recounted a phone inquiry from a Wall Street Journal reporter. "Someone in Dick Armey's office just told me that Sandy got the coup story by having a gay affair with Bill Paxon. Both knew the story was coming out and that's why Paxon resigned and why Sandy killed himself," said the reporter.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-..._b_256428.html
    Did he start drinking again because he was an alcoholic? or because someone was going to out him? or because the simple RUMOR of being gay would destroy him? which would be worse for his career at fox news...gay or a dui?
    Last edited by bailey; January-06-10 at 12:34 PM.

Quote: "So...in other words, denigration of religion is ok as long as it's not your religion?"

You seem a bit thick, I'm reacting to this: "to a christianist a dead son is preferable to a gay one."

Care to validate this statement? And please no bullshit articles. Reveal your credible source that leads you to believe that Christianity is even remotely like that. In your all knowing community college way of thinking, to say something so hateful, you must have something concrete to base it on. Or is it just ignorance and bias? I know the answer.
    http://www.godhatesfags.com/

or...lets wander on down to the Southern Poverty Law Center's Designated "hate groups".
    Alliance Defense Fund
    American Family Association
    American Vision*
    Chalcedon Foundation*
    Christian Action Network
    Concerned Women for America
    Coral Ridge Ministries/Center for Reclaiming America
    Family Research Council
    Family Research Institute*
    Focus on the Family
    Summit Ministries
    Traditional Values Coalition

Or.. my personal favorite.... http://americansfortruth.com/

and of course, how could we forget.....http://www.manhattandeclaration.org/
    Last edited by bailey; January-06-10 at 12:30 PM.

No, something that isn't vitriol from left wing nutjobs. Anything? Didn't think so.

Show me where any Christian would rather see their gay son dead. You said it, back it up.

"Law center" my ass. If they are sponsoring hatred they are just more of the same.

Quote: "Did he start drinking again because he was an alcoholic? or because someone was going to out him? or because the simple RUMOR of being gay would destroy him? which would be worse for his career at fox news...gay or a dui?"

Nobody knows and that includes you, for you to claim to know simply makes you a liar.
    Last edited by Sstashmoo; January-06-10 at 12:51 PM.

Stosh Guest

Yep you just gotta shake your head sometimes as to the "love" these guys show for their fellow human beings. WWJD? Really? My thoughts would be more along the lines of forgiveness and acceptance instead of condemnation.

These liberals can be so tight pantied, another oxymoron. No pun intended.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast