Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default 2010 Bike- and Trail-related projects in Detroit

I've compiled a list of Detroit projects that will be completed or underway for 2010. This is going to be a banner year for trails and improved biking in Detroit.
    http://www.m-bike.org/blog/2010/01/0...-watch-in-2010

Just to pile onto the already useful information provided, both the safe routes to schools projects and the enhancment projects will also help move bikes and peds. To get information about these projegrams click here. Look at both FY 2009 and 2010 to get an idea about what will be constructed next year.

Is there any new information on the Corktown Greenlink? I feel like i've been hearing about it since 2006 but no new information has been out since then. Any updates?

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitHabitater View Post
    Is there any new information on the Corktown Greenlink? I feel like i've been hearing about it since 2006 but no new information has been out since then. Any updates?
    We have been hearing about it since then. A number of issues had to be worked out with the city, MDOT, and Community Foundation for Southeast Michigan [[a funder.) The design also went through a number of iterations and changes.

However, the project is moving forward and should be constructed this year.

How about a DYES bike ride get together this summer?

Quote Originally Posted by terryh View Post
    Let's do it! It's never too early to think about bicycling!

are there ever publicized events when these bike paths open? i'm thinking a lot of people in general don't know about them, especially community residents not active in redevelopment...

Quote Originally Posted by terryh View Post
    Should I/when I get a job in the city [[needed to move from NYC) I'm in!

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    are there ever publicized events when these bike paths open? i'm thinking a lot of people in general don't know about them, especially community residents not active in redevelopment...
    I'm not aware of any planned opening events for these projects, but they may be. The Detroit Riverfront Conservancy hosted one of the nation's biggest trail opening events when the Dequindre Cut officially opened last May. They also had a special members-only event for the an early opening of Milliken State Park.

If there are more events this year, I'll try posting the information on this site and www.m-bike.org.

Thanks for putting that list together, Todd. I'm excited to check out Milliken State Park. I wasn't aware of the Corktown/Mexicantown Greenlink, I'm excited to see it though.

BTW, we discussed these projects on WDET's Craig Fahle show this morning as well.