33 55.00%
  • I like Bing, he will win

12 20.00%
  • I like Cockrel, but Bing will win

8 13.33%
  • I like Bing, but Cockrel will win

7 11.67%

Default Mayoral Poll, who will win?

Regardless if you are City Voter or not ... this is the first time I've tried the POLL function, don't know if I've followed the right proceedure.

I like Cockrel, he will win
    I like Bing, he will win
    I like Cockrel, Bing will win
    I like Bing, Cockrel will win

Too bad there's not a category for I don't like either one or just a category with their names and that's it. I don't like either one, but, I think Cockrel will win.

In boxing you have to knockout the champ. Everything being equal the judges will go with the champ. Politics are the same way, you have to knockout the incumbent. Dave Bing isn't doing anything to knock Cockrel out, in fact, he's running the laziest campaign I've ever seen. His campaign offices are never open and he doesn't appear to have a grasp on any of the issues. Cockrel isn't much better, but, he is the incumbent and has the luxury of using the City's resources to campaign under the guise that he's doing his job [[even if it is a piss poor one).

Quote Originally Posted by kraig View Post
    Too bad there's not a category for I don't like either one or just a category with their names and that's it. I don't like either one, but, I think Cockrel will win.

In boxing you have to knockout the champ. Everything being equal the judges will go with the champ. Politics are the same way, you have to knockout the incumbent. Dave Bing isn't doing anything to knock Cockrel out, in fact, he's running the laziest campaign I've ever seen. His campaign offices are never open and he doesn't appear to have a grasp on any of the issues. Cockrel isn't much better, but, he is the incumbent and has the luxury of using the City's resources to campaign under the guise that he's doing his job [[even if it is a piss poor one).
    Bing creamed Cockrel in the primaries. I agree, neither is an outstanding candidate. I voted for Hendrix in the primary. But if I absolutely must choose between Bing & Cockrel, then Cockrel it is. However, I think Bing will win.

Time to return the Irish to power and get this place straightened out.

If Bing does win... how many of us will feel sorry that Cockrel will go back and take the helm of City Council President from nutjob Monica Conyers?

With a Bing win, I don't forsee Cockrel tying again in the August primary... but I could see Hendrix [[my personal favorite) try again...

from the look of things, Mr. Bing is going to get smashed.

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    from the look of things, Mr. Bing is going to get smashed.
    Don't use this poll as an indicator. 95% of the people that voted in this poll are ineligible to vote in the real election.
    Last edited by Crumbled_pavement; April-15-09 at 10:18 AM.

I like neither, Cockrel will win.

Retroit Guest

I like them both, either will be better than you-know-who!

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbled_pavement View Post
    Don't use this poll as an indicator. 95% of the people that voted in this poll are ineligible to vote in the real election.
    Gotta agree... Monica Conyers doesn't stand a chance on a vote by this forum... and yet... she'll likely get re-elected again...

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Gotta agree... Monica Conyers doesn't stand a chance on a vote by this forum... and yet... she'll likely get re-elected again...
    Monica Conyers is serving her first four-year term on Council. She can be "re-elected again" until 2014, assuming she's re-elected for the first time in 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbled_pavement View Post
    Bing creamed Cockrel in the primaries. I agree, neither is an outstanding candidate. I voted for Hendrix in the primary. But if I absolutely must choose between Bing & Cockrel, then Cockrel it is. However, I think Bing will win.
    Just like I predicted!