Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Thread: Adonis Club

Default Adonis Club

Schaefer at Michigan in Dearborn. I highly recommend this spot for a night of great dining drinking Debke dancing and hookah hookups. A cool cultural experience you can party with Chaldeans; Lebanese and Iraquis. Belly dancers wiggle and shimmy around the room [[I almost got smacked by my wife for ogling her when we first walked in) and Arab singers accompanied by a keyboardist and bongo player sing songs to get the crowd moving to middle eastern rythms. The crowd seemed a little stuffy and uptight at first but loosened up a bit toward the end of the party. Oh and very attentive waitstaff with a gratuity included in the bill, I slipped the waiter an extra stipend....check it out!

When I saw the title of this thread I knew you TerryH started it lol. Adonis eh? Sounds kinda....well...gay to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    When I saw the title of this thread I knew you TerryH started it lol. Adonis eh? Sounds kinda....well...gay to me.
    Adonis was a Greek or Roman God of love-eroticism I think....

Quote Originally Posted by terryh View Post
    Adonis was a Greek or Roman God of love-eroticism I think....
    As I remember, Adonis was a God of Vegetation. Eros [[or Roman Cupid) were the the Gods of Erotic love. Aphrodite [[or Roman Venus) were the Goddesses of Love.

yokie dokie Dave....I love visiting Little Italy in Windsor...love Canada

LodgeDodger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by terryh View Post
    yokie dokie Dave....I love visiting Little Italy in Windsor...love Canada
    Windsor has a Little Italy?

Quote Originally Posted by LodgeDodger View Post
    Sure does. Italian gift shops;restaraunts;Made In Italy clothing and shoe stores;outdoor cafes...

Windsor's little Italy is great. It is located along Erie St not too far E of Oulette.

Why does Mike Illitch's son own an arabic place? I thought he was Macedonian!

Quote Originally Posted by LodgeDodger View Post
    Yep, it's only a one-mile stretch of Italian businesses running across Erie street with over a hundred shops, cafes and services. http://www.viaitalia.com/media/File/eriestreet.pdf Kinda surprising when you see that Greektown in a city four times the size of Windsor is only a block.