Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default gee if we had listened to the neocons!

Iranians are starting a new revolution..thank G-- we didn't have neocons in charge or even Palin and [[Bomb Bomb Iran- McCain)...or worse yet if the Israeli's had gotten their way to conduct a preemptive strike [[like some of their hawks were clamoring...or all the above pressured us into another war [[Iraq)...

My sources in Iran say that this could take a year to complete ...only if we don't bring them back together by increasing our rhetoric or attacks...this is why Obama is playing this card right and the Right are wrong again....

Unless the end result of another revolution is a destabilized government with nuclear weapons.

That being said, assuming the "Right" would have gone about it in a different way is ignoring the fact that Obama is following the same path as the previous administration. They both chose to avoid [[or postpone) military actions against Iran, and so far it seems to have been the right choice.

Quote Originally Posted by gibran View Post
    Iranians are starting a new revolution..thank G-- we didn't have neocons in charge or even Palin and [[Bomb Bomb Iran- McCain)...or worse yet if the Israeli's had gotten their way to conduct a preemptive strike [[like some of their hawks were clamoring...or all the above pressured us into another war [[Iraq)...

My sources in Iran say that this could take a year to complete ...only if we don't bring them back together by increasing our rhetoric or attacks...this is why Obama is playing this card right and the Right are wrong again....
    If voters had listened to neocons, we may have expanded the bombing of Pakistan, started bombing Yemen, increased our troop strength in Afghanistan, extended sanctions on Iran last March, be considering some expansions of the Iran embargo, and all without reducing troop strength in Iraq. Whew! I'm glad voters didn't go that route.

lefty Guest

- gee if we had listened to the neocons!
    What are you talking about, I have no idea.
    What politician wanted to bomb Iran?
    What did Obama do during the elections when Iranians were uprising, NOTHING, he supported the Mullahs, who basically are in charge of the country and pick candidates to be elected.
    So by doing nothing is the right thing to do.
    By some conservatives telling the truth is the wrong thing to do?
    Obama said the real war should be in Afghanistan, yet he waited and waited. What is his goal in AFGH? — “to disrupt, dismantle, and defeat al-Qaeda in Afghanistan and Pakistan, and to prevent its capacity to threaten America and our allies in the future.” So now it’s official. It’s not about Afghanistan and Afghans at all — it’s all about us.

Just like it is in Iran, His policy is to make him and democrats look good and republicans look bad and continue to implement his world views on us all.

littlebuddy Guest

Will a revolution in Iran totally change the people thinking towards the rest of the world? I don't think they will become Amish, so how much change will a rev. bring? Will they not want to wipe Israel off the map? Will they not support terrorism around the world? Will they sell cheaper oil? Will they allow U.N. inspectors in to study ALL their facilites? How long will the rest of the world have to stand on the sidelines waiting, hoping they will do right, and what if they don't.

Retroit Guest

I think the revolution in Iran would have taken place regardless of who we elected as President of the U.S. I think the revolution started with the last Iranian election, when many Iranians [[and others) suspected Ahmadinejad of rigging the election. The Iranians are much more modern and "western" than many outsiders realize. They do not want to be living under an archaic dictator.
    Last edited by Retroit; January-03-10 at 07:19 PM. Reason: clarification

Gibran, you refer to your "sources in Iran." I'd be interested in not the identity of your "sources" but what type of sources do you have and what makes you think they are credible.

I have an interest in what's going on in Iran [[and the entire Middle East) because of the influence of that region and it's geopolitical shennanigans have on world oil prices. My Iran sources are The Iran Daily [[http://www.iran-daily.com) and the Tehran Times [[http://www.tehrantimes.com) Both are English language Tehran newspapers and they are quite interesting on many levels, especially with respect to reporting U.S. news, which is very balanced and accurate. Their coverage of Iranian financial matters is somewhat low key and vague but informative nevertheless.
    Last edited by 3WC; January-03-10 at 07:04 PM. Reason: correct typo in web address

We were attacked by radicalized Muslims from Afghanistan whose roots were from the disenfranchised of many countries..Our foreign policies in the middle-east has failed us from every administration since Eisenhower...and we continue to fail to understand our sworn enemies and yet we still practice the same hubris and attempt at creating a new world order. The jihadist will always find fertile ground in our actions and alliances with countries such as Israel and Saudi Arabia..yet countries and people like the moderates in many of the Arab world; who would provide valuable recon and alliances are forced to distance themselves because of the lack of resolve in fairly treating and recognizing the misery of people in many of the middle-eastern countries.

We support countries whose human rights records are horrible, we supply governments with weapons that are in turn used legally[[far cry really) and illegally on it's peoples and other nations..we protect our allies against their neighbors while turning our backs on accountability...

The neocons push for wars in Iran...people like Krauthammer, Kristol et al and ex-politicians [[Bolton and Cheney) who were influenced by Perle, Wolfowitz etc...call for aggression against Iran when their own youth ; many who by the way have nothing against the USa are pushing for reform...

So those who blindly support out failed policies in Israel [[really pushing their country into peril) or support Egypt, Saudi or other regimes whose people are crying for freedoms we chose to perpetuate this mess...

The definition of insanity is doing the same over and over and getting the same results..well look at where our policies have gotten us...

here are some fresh Ideas : Adapt Jstreets vision of a safe and secure Israel, adapt a educational and out reach program [[that doesn't include providing weapons to countries that use it on their own people) marginalize Hamas and others by opening dialog and creating a transparent dialog for their people to see our seriousness and justice..practice social justice [[ with its strong Judea/Christian) roots...
    repect all people ..and stop demonizing them...support Israel's future with real love and limits...but show all the folks we mean business in fairness..not empty rhetoric and actions that are counter productive.

3WC: Sources here and in Iran are ex and current Iranian professors and families of those in Iran...They are current ex-patriots whose families are still there and whose families has visited recently...they are from reading the Washington Report on Middle-eastern Affairs...etc. and other news print..and of course in studying the region by authors that you can't find at Barnes and Nobel...including many Israeli writers whose very country is directly effected by the conflicts in the region..

The brave people that are being terrorized by their government in Iran whose phone calls and emails are intercepted..still try to get the word out..these folks know first hand of the horrors and craziness of their government...but they also know that if we attack or sanction attacks it will unite the people teetering on the edge.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    If voters had listened to neocons, we may have expanded the bombing of Pakistan, started bombing Yemen, increased our troop strength in Afghanistan, extended sanctions on Iran last March, be considering some expansions of the Iran embargo, and all without reducing troop strength in Iraq. Whew! I'm glad voters didn't go that route.

as I recall their influence was in DC while Bush ignored Pakistan ...neocons are the source of much of the problems ...not the solution...their vision of shoot first ask questions later,,,got us into the trouble in Iraq...it wasn't til the American People stood up and said enough that the administration did something...I give Bush [[little)credit; but all the Credit goes to our Armed Forces for bravely doing their job...If not for the Military pushing to do the right things iin operational activities and pushing back on administrations we would have had extended choas in Iraq...

Quote Originally Posted by littlebuddy View Post
    Will a revolution in Iran totally change the people thinking towards the rest of the world?
    what do you know of it? The people of Iran are more westernized than most of the middle east. they are younger and tired of being under the thumbs of the clerics

as I recall their influence was in DC while Bush ignored Pakistan ...neocons are the source of much of the problems ...not the solution...their vision of shoot first ask questions later,,,got us into the trouble in Iraq...it wasn't til the American People stood up and said enough that the administration did something...I give Bush [[little)credit; but all the Credit goes to our Armed Forces for bravely doing their job...If not for the Military pushing to do the right things iin operational activities and pushing back on administrations we would have had extended choas in Iraq...
    gibran, I was being facetious. Everything I mentioned as being neocon has in fact been carried out by the Obama administration. Maybe we need a new word like 'democon' to avoid the confusion.

“Meet the New Boss, Same as the Old Boss” -The Who

Same paymaster...same results.

opps...taken too literal..and yes you are right...they seem to have wide reaching tentacles

3wc, thanks for the link to a new source that provides a "conservative" point of view of events in Iran.

I almost fell out of my chair laughing when I read this piece from the Tehran Times:
    It denounces the cabal of "Western Organizations" that are conspiring to undermine the [[wonderful, peaceful) government in Iran.

Top on the list of culprits is George Soros and the Soros Foundation. Both have been a frequent target of rabid attacks [[The most dangerous man in America!!!) by the neocons/sick cultists in the United States.

link to rabid right wing American denunciations of George Soros:

http://lefleurdelystoo.blogspot.com/...us-man-in.html

link to rabid right wing Iranian denunciations of George Soros:

http://www.tehrantimes.com/index_View.asp?code=211369

Then I did fall out of my chair [[laughing) when I read " A smacked child is a successful child" an article promoting beating one's children to make them more successful.

linkee: http://www.tehrantimes.com/Index_view.asp?code=211418

Thanks again for providing a refreshing alternative news source that is obviously free of a "liberal bias"!
    I wonder if the Tehran Times is a sister publication of the Washington Times, owned by Rev. Sun Yung Moon, [[who as you probably already know, that is, if you are a Washington Times reader), is the messiah.
    Last edited by barnesfoto; January-05-10 at 02:11 AM.

Barnesfoto, I'm glad you found the Tehran Times so amusing. I've never viewed the paper as conservative or liberal; it's pretty much under the control of the mullahs I suppose, and obviously tends to advance the party line.

What's interesting to me is that a large percentage of the paper's content is straight from conventional Western news sources such as the NYT, WSJ and the Times of London. Those sources are quoted or reproduced accurately as far as I can see.

I usually only read the economic and scientific sections of the paper, the latter coverage usually relating to the Iranian version of their energy programs.

By the way, the reference to Soros was innocuous as his foundation was only listed [[without comment) among others which the government deemed inimical to the interests of Iran, and prohibits contracting or doing business
    with those on the list. [[A lot of Americans believe Soros is dangerous to U.S. interests as well.)

Also, the article about spanking children which so amused you was taken from The Times of London which quoted a 2600 subject study about spanking children conducted by a psychology professor at Calvin College in Grand Rapids. Was that [[quite interesting) study covered in the Detroit papers?

Sorta sounds like someone talking about us Americans:

"The brave people that are being terrorized by their government in _____, whose phone calls and emails are intercepted..still try to get the word out..these folks know first hand of the horrors and craziness of their government...but they also know that if we attack or sanction attacks it will unite the people teetering on the edge."

Quote Originally Posted by lefty View Post
    - gee if we had listened to the neocons!

What politician wanted to bomb Iran?
    You didn't hear McCain singing "bomb, bomb, bomb Iran"?

What did Obama do during the elections when Iranians were uprising, NOTHING, he supported the Mullahs, who basically are in charge of the country and pick candidates to be elected.
    So by doing nothing is the right thing to do.
    Yes. The shrub's pre-emptive war, which was actually the think tank war of Doug Feith et al, went against decades of U.S. foreign policy that did not interfere with another country's internal affairs.

By some conservatives telling the truth is the wrong thing to do?
    What great Republican truth are you referring to?

Obama said the real war should be in Afghanistan, yet he waited and waited.
    You do swallow all the right wing bilge don't you? And Obama waited 72 hours to comment on the latest airplane terrorism unlike Bush who waited 6 days to comment on the shoe bomber.

What is his goal in AFGH? — “to disrupt, dismantle, and defeat al-Qaeda in Afghanistan and Pakistan, and to prevent its capacity to threaten America and our allies in the future.” So now it’s official. It’s not about Afghanistan and Afghans at all — it’s all about us.
    U.S. foreign policy has always been about the U.S. interest. Do you think the government is a charity? You obviously have the U.S. gov. confused with the Red Cross.

Just like it is in Iran, His policy is to make him and democrats look good and republicans look bad and continue to implement his world views on us all.
    Republicans make themselves look bad without anyone else's help.

Chaos which only existed after we invaded. Bush did a great job of recruiting for Al Qaeda. I know S. Hussein was a very bad man unlike all the other dictators of the world.