Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Grandmont sub question

On our way to Christmas Eve mass at St. Mary of Redford, I drove my mother through the old neighborhood where my folks had owned two different homes in a period of ten years, and raised six kids. The Grandmont neighborhood looks prosperous and well-kept, and much as we remembered the area. However, we were startled and alarmed to notice that a home we were very familiar with at 14590 Rutland had been gutted by fire. I don't know how recent this incident occured or if it was an arson case or electrical fire, but if someone can shed some light on this incident it would be appreciated.

My brothers and I, when we lived but a block away on Longacre, [[same address) had grown up with the kids in this tudor corner house that wrapped around from Midfield to Rutland. The family was prominent in the Grandmont community through the 50s and 60s, and I spent quite a bit of time there. Well, at any rate, it was a very sad sight.

Paper boy on Rutland for 5 years from 79-84, [[and a safety patrol on that same corner in third grade at Edison). Never had either house as customer [[probably got the Freep). Would that be that giant sprawling house second from the corner? Or the fantastically beautifully landscaped house on the corner? I drive by there once every few months, but probably not since last summer.

Isn't that address on Longacre second from the corner?

I remember that house. Not sure about the fire, but it appears to have still been occupied whenever the photo of it on Google maps was taken.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...37.04,,0,22.81

[[But there is a for sale sign on the lawn.)