Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default If celebrity deaths seem to come in 3's....

......who will be the well known person with Detroit connections to be the third? We've lost Mark "The Bird" Fidrych and Deano Day in the past couple of days. Who's next?
    Last edited by grumpyoldlady; April-14-09 at 05:35 AM.

David Winans Sr.? Patriarch of The Winans gospel group.

George Kell

Did Marilyn Chambers have a Detroit connect? She died yesterday, too.,

Lorax Guest

Mon the Con must be getting pretty nervous right about now.

diver1369 Guest

Who's Deano Day?

Toolbox Guest

Quote Originally Posted by diver1369 View Post
    Who's Deano Day?

He was a DJ back in the days radio did not suck.

Deano Day was one of the top DJ's in the country in the 70's and probably 80's. He worked for country station WDEE and WCIX in the Detroit area and many other stations across the country.

diver1369 Guest

I've never listened to country music on the radio so I don't know anything about the personalities that bring their music to it's fans. Thanks for the info tho'. Country music and heavy metal fans are the most loyal fans of their genre.

They're not going to be dropping off in threes anymore. With Baby boomers reaching retirement age they are going to be croaking by the dozens.

I'm sure ol Ernie is not looking forward to having to do more of these tributes to these Tiger kids like Kell who pass away just as their reaching their prime.

THE Marilyn Chambers past away? I did not hear about this.

Sludgedaddy Guest

Ladies and Gentlemen, time to place your bets in the DYES Dead Pool....

Being employed in a profession in which sick and morbid humor comes as a by-product of having to come in contact with the sometime grisly day to day occurances such as might be encountered by police, morticians, ems techs, firemen ,etc, I bring this to mind:

First, though I am fond of morbid humor and sick jokes, I will not besmirch the memory of the late Mark"The Bird" Fidrych. May he rest in peace.

However, who will be the next to Dance with the Reaper?
    My Bets are placed on: Pope Benny, Farrah Fawcett, Phil Spector, Ted Kennedy and Arthur Penhallow. A long shot [[sadly) would be Ernie Harwell ,since he may become part of a baseball triad.

Who I'd like to see go: Dick Cheney, Paul McCartney, Mick Jagger and anyone having anything to do with American Idol.

diver1369 Guest

Phil Spector has suffered a reversal of fortune and his Wall of Sound may soon come crashing down around him. Better put on the kevlar-lined wig for his sentencing.

Quote Originally Posted by raptor56 View Post
    THE Marilyn Chambers past away? I did not hear about this.
    They think it may have been foul play. Here's a link:
    http://www.vancouversun.com/entertai...289/story.html
    I thought all you guys would be in mourning by now.

Paul McCartney and Mick Jagger???? NO NO NO NO NO!!!! They must live and perform forever! Macca is still rockin' the socks off his audiences, and so is Mick.

Sludgedaddy Guest

Oldlady, I never did care for "Poodle-Headed" Paul. I always wanted to give him a Hamtramck Punk salute by throwing boxes of White Castle hamburgers at his solo career bands with Linda Eastman for their Vegan posturing. I'm also pissed that Lennon and McCartney as well as Elton John were knighted and not Ringo Starr. The least they could have done was make Ringo "The Duke of Earl".

Mick Jagger is an english fop pantywaist sissy when he spouted that revolution bullshit and then hid in a corner when the shit hit the fan at Altamont.

As for Phil Spector...I envision his demise coming about via suicide as the above poster mentions when his "Wall of Sound" comes crashing down. [[cue the opening drum beat of "Be My Baby") then click ,bang. He who lives by the sword.....

diver1369 Guest

SD, diver=dannyv

We're thinking along the same line about Phil. I don't think he'll want to go voluntarily into the hellhole prison is.

I'll put my money soon...sadly...on Gordie Howe...

He's a heartbroken man...