Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Where to get married in Detroit?

I will be getting married soon and we went looking at the Masonic Temple recently, such a beauty in there! Where would you all recommend? I would just like that it be a historic building.

How many people? How much to you want to spend? Do you want to have the reception and wedding in the same place? Do you have the minister/priest/rabi/shamman/witchdoctor/justiceofthepeace already lined up? Do they have restrictions which might preclude them from doing the service outside their church/temple/wigwam? Have you dicussed this with the bride?

I got married at the yacht club, but have heard good things about the rowland cafe at the gardian building, the Conservatory on Belle Isle. The players club, oh and Madame Cadillac at Marygrove is probably the best price for space... there are plenty of spaces just depends on what you want...

Default Gem Theater

We had the reception in the Gem Theater/Century Club. It was in August, which was great because there are no plays then. We had the entire building to ourselves. The outside was a strolling cocktails/cigar area. The first floor was quiet conversation and the basement was the DJ/music space.

You don't want a religious ceremony? Because there are plenty of historic, absolutely gorgeous churches in Detroit...

Congratulations, DetroitZack, to you and your fiancee!!

Weddings in the D is a popular topic! Here are links to some past discussions:

http://atdetroit.net/forum/messages/6790/115606.html

http://atdetroit.net/forum/messages/...tml?1234307083

http://atdetroit.net/forum/messages/76017/5103.html

http://atdetroit.net/forum/messages/...tml?1216188525

How about Belle Isle?

Retroit Guest

I'd suggest the wigwam.

Quote Originally Posted by Fury13 View Post
    You don't want a religious ceremony? Because there are plenty of historic, absolutely gorgeous churches in Detroit...
    I do want a religious one, I just want to check out a lot of places. I'll have to take a look at St. Anne's Church sometime, I've always thought that one is gorgeous.

I have a friend who got married at a shopping mall on Van Dyke and got to use the flowers from the previous marriage ceremony ... sorry, .... my wife says I'm cheap sometimes.

Better get down to Ste Annes and become parishioners then Zack. Most catholic churches won't marry you unless you have an in.

Been to several weddings at the DYC. It's a nice place. I'd wanted to do the banking lobby at the Guardian Building, but now with the Rowland Cafe in there, plus the county taking it over, I dunno if that's possible anymore.

Shawn Santo of Pure Detroit and the Rowland Cafe does an amazing job of putting on a wedding in the banking lobby of the Guardian Building!!! Between that and the 32nd floor reception area, the Guardian Building is a wonderful venue for a wedding! Definitely worth checking out!