Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Dyessers Collecting GM hourly retirement

Who among us is collecting an hourly GM retirement? Anything unusual about your January pension check? Is it a liitle short????

Yes, there is less money. In my husband's check, they took out more money for our life insurance [[because we are a year older probably into another age bracket) and for health insurance-aka VEBA. It had an explanation with the check, didn't it?

Mama,

I should have been more clear - it's not your fault. I should have named the thread, "Dyessers collecting a Delphi retirement" and asked, "Is it a whole lot of short?"

Delphi decided to stop paying into its pension trust fund. Instead of the normal amount I receive every month, the net deposit was $14.95.

The Pension Guarentee Corp. kicked in the shortage yesterday. I was a little concerned up to that point. The PBGC [or whatever the initials are!] is underfunded, too. General Motors agreed - some years back - to make up the difference in the pension payments.

I began working at General Motors at the Marion, Indiana Metal Fab [then, Chevrolet-Pontiac-Canada Group] in 1985. I transferred to the Coopersville AC-Rochester plant in 1992 because of a lay-off. The Coopersville plant became Delphi in 1999. It went downhill from that point.