Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Forgotten Detroit mystery novel

I read it in the late 1970s or, more likely, in the 1980s. It was a mystery novel set in Detroit. The hero was a private investigator / amateur detective who lived in midtown Detroit - in an apartment on Second Ave near Prentis. A final climactic scene took place in Adam Strohm Hall at the main building of the Detroit Public Library.

Does anyone know the novel's name or author? Thanks.

I didn't read the book, but it sounds like it could be something by Lauren D. Estleman.

Loren D. Estleman. Was it an Amos Walker novel? I really like his books!

Amos Walker lived in a house in or near Hamtramck. I don't know the book referenced here, but I'd love to read it.

I'd like to find that book too. I used to live on Second near Prentis. It would be fun to see some action set there.

I went prospecting and found a great website www.librarything.com where you can search books by tag. I put in Detroit, mystery, and came up with a list of 133. There are lots of other searches suggested.
    Last edited by gazhekwe; December-31-09 at 09:21 AM.

could have been elmore leonard or lawrence block - both wrote
    mysteries taking place in Detroit, with private eyes