Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default NIKE Store Downtown??

Perhaps, though I haven't seen it since early fall, I've seen a new development on Woodward, in Merchant's Row. It had a NIKE symbol on the windows, and ladders and shelves with nothing on them. I'm hoping it'll be one of those superstores like the NIKE or Puma store in Chicago. I've hadn't had the chance to check it out, but if anyone knows about this development project, please tell.

There WAS a Nike store downtown, [[well okay it was part of a larger store) but it closed several years back.

DetroitDad Guest

There was a Nike Store next to the Athlete's Foot that closed last Summer.

On Woodward? When I passed by, it was fall and they were putting things in, not closing it down.

They moved out at the end of the summer. Yes, it was on Woodward. There is nothing there now.

Well actually, it was just an Athlete's Foot/J-Bee's [[locations all over the city). The Nike symbol did nothing more than advertise the fact that they sold Nike shoes. I pretty certain the Nike corporation would never open an authentic outlet store in downtown Detroit.

I believe they officially closed last winter.

The Nike store on Wooward Ave is closed since last year. It has failed to lure customers into the area.

locations all over the city
    Why is it so damn easy to get a shoe store to open in Detroit but you can;t get a damn grocery store of the basic kind in there?

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    . I pretty certain the Nike corporation would never open an authentic outlet store in downtown Detroit.
    And how are you such an authority on Nike?

I can't believe I never noticed it, I always take that way downtown, and I'm downtown alot.
    Well, there's those Kresge shops opening, mabye that'll draw the ACTUAL Nike to Detroit.
    We can only hope.

There was never a Niketown [[aka "Nike store") in downtown Detroit. They don't have a Niketown store anywhere in Michigan. [[Not to be confused with the Niketown outlets, of which there are two in Michigan according to their web site.)

Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
    There was never a Niketown [[aka "Nike store") in downtown Detroit. They don't have a Niketown store anywhere in Michigan. [[Not to be confused with the Niketown outlets, of which there are two in Michigan according to their web site.)
    Where are they at?

Quote Originally Posted by Motown Madman View Post
    Where are they at?
    One at Birch Run, and the other at the Prime Outlets in Howell.