Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Anything to do tonight?

I know it's the day after Christmas, so events are probably at a minimum.

But, does anyone know of anything going on this evening that isn't listed on the Metro Times website? I went through all of those events and didn't see anything very interesting.

Thanks!

Terry Murphy is performing at the Gaelic League at 8:00, no cover. Terry was one of the regular performers at the Tipperary back in the day. Always puts on a good show.

Doug Deming and the Jewel Tones at Callahans.

a city of 900,000 and a metro area of over 4 million and you can't find anything to do? There MUST be a show in to see in the largest theater district outside of NYC's Broadway ? right?

Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    a city of 900,000 and a metro area of over 4 million and you can't find anything to do? There MUST be a show in to see in the largest theater district outside of NYC's Broadway ? right?
    LOL... that's too funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Stosh View Post
    LOL... that's too funny.
    Wait...are you saying that isn't true!?! But I've heard it here so often?

Stosh Guest

Wait...are you saying that isn't true!?! But I've heard it here so often?
    You are asking the wrong person. I'm not in charge of plaster covered movie palaces [[or theatres) around here.

lilpup Guest

There were shows at the theatres tonight [[e.g. Cirque Dreams Hollidaze at the Fox, Jersey Boys at the Fisher) but that doesn't mean Pcm is interested in them. Perhaps Pcm doesn't do live theatre at all.

Quote Originally Posted by lilpup View Post
    There were shows at the theatres tonight [[e.g. Cirque Dreams Hollidaze at the Fox, Jersey Boys at the Fisher) but that doesn't mean Pcm is interested in them. Perhaps Pcm doesn't do live theatre at all.
    well, with hundreds of bars and restaurants that one would expect would surround such a massive theater district, there is bound to be something for any interest.

Poor bailey. Either doesn't love his town and is a failure for not moving... or doesn't live here and is a failure for logging into a forum for a different town to whine.

Better luck to you in 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by East Detroit View Post
    Poor bailey. Either doesn't love his town and is a failure for not moving... or doesn't live here and is a failure for logging into a forum for a different town to whine.

Better luck to you in 2010.
    Nah, just going through 'real city' detox after an extended work stay elsewhere. give me a week or two and I'll be back to Detroit-normal.

lilpup Guest

well, with hundreds of bars and restaurants that one would expect would surround such a massive theater district, there is bound to be something for any interest.
    Newsflash: Not everyone enjoys the bar scene. Some people don't go to bars at all [[amazing, huh?).

Quote Originally Posted by lilpup View Post
    Newsflash: Not everyone enjoys the bar scene. Some people don't go to bars at all [[amazing, huh?).
    News Flash: The original poster was looking at the Metro Times for entertainment options. And, of course my first suggestion was to take in a show.

DetroitDad Guest

All the night clubs and bars were open and packed. We made a stop at the DBC to pick up some brew before heading off to a Christmas gathering. The clubs in the Leland were a zoo.

There is nothing like broken windows and vomit filled halls and sidewalks to keep the Christmas spirit going.