Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Santa Dropped In a Little Early, Happy Festivus

For the second annual Gnome Xmas gift extravaganza, I've had the binary elves working overtime to whip up a couple of little things to put under your Festivus Poles ...

Kathleen: Wings to match your halo
    Blueyedone: A flock of geese for the Corner Office view
    ErieDearie: A ton of fresh snew
    PlymouthRes & Mary: A never depleting gas card from Speedway
    GrumpyOldLady: An early spring in the frozen North
    Jjaba: A transfer to the Dexter bus
    DaveMarc: A fresh apron
    Danny: A brand new used copy of W. Hawkins Ferry's ouvre
    Hornwrecker: a Batch scanner
    MikeM: Clear skies and no turbulance
    VivaDetroit: Um Cabral aprovou telescópio
    BigB23: A new laptop and DSL line
    Fury13: A boxed set of Dr. Kevorkin's greatest hits
    Homer and Marge: A bridgeless New Year
    Ray1936: An early release of the 1940 census.
    Jams: A 12 pack of Oberon
    TheRock: Atticus Finch's hornrim glasses
    Gistok: Vintage lego set for the Trivolly Gardens
    Cub, Mrs & Mama: Compost, a new store and two more sugarmommas
    Django: A microphone, a moped and new gloves
    BSX: Season tickets to the '10 lions and Matt Stafford jersey
    CC: A carton of Pall Mall's
    Ravine: Dr. Grabo's secret pouch
    Gannon: A case of Mexican Coca-Cola
    LodgeDodger: The only ban being of the roll-on variety.
    HF.D: coal and cockpunches all around

and
    Lowell: A costco size tub of headache medicine. Thanks for everything. You've created a very nice little family here.

To those I've missed, the elves are squawking to the Union Steward aout working overtime, but I'm trying to get a few more out of them under threat of hiring Chinese elves next yr. Stand by.

My best to all. Thank you for being part of my year, I treasure everyone...
    Last edited by gnome; December-25-09 at 11:24 AM.

Awwww, Gnome...thanks for thinking of me. It just so happens that I have a flock of geese that come to the lake right outside my window every day! When I named my company, The Corner Office, my office was in the corner of my livingroom. I am in a different livingroom now...and my desk looks out over Belleville Lake.

I hope that this Holiday Season brings you very special gifts, including peace, love and joy!

Thank you for thinking of me Gnome! Now just what will I do with a ton of fresh snew if your wish comes true? Shall I snovel it? Throw blow it? Oh the anticipation of all that snew!

Wishing you and Mrs. Gnome a very Merry Christmas and all the best for 2010!

Thanks, Gnome, for the uplifting virtual gift.

And the best to you, Gnome, this Festivus. Eat a hearty breakfast and prepare for challenging feats of strength later today..............

Thanks, Gnome!! [[I'm blushing like a beet!!)

Merry Christmas to you and yours...
    and to the whole DetroitYes community!!

Gnome: Can the elves work out some novels and some chalk for the ol' teacher??

Ravine Guest

Thanks, Gnome. I could use a nice pouch. I'm not into that bit Sherlock Holmes did, storing tobacco in the toe of a Persian silk slipper hanging from the mantle.
    I don't think so. Persian silk doesn't help me feel any better about somebody's damn foot being in there.
    And I still say that Festivus is a bunch of malarkey made up by folks who want to eat & drink to excess, like everybody else, without blowing their "secular humanist" cover.
    But, what's it to me? Whatever you may be celebrating, I hope the celebration is happy & peaceful, and that it comes to an end neither before, nor after, you would prefer!!

OK, I'm ready. Can we go straight to Noo Yeerz, now, and get all of this over with?

Merry Festivus Gnome. For you Im wishing a good job and Apt for a young woman of your choice.

Feliz Natal Gnome! Love your list. Love my present. I will definitely put it to good use this yr! a belated Merry Christmas to all!

LodgeDodger Guest

Thanks for the thoughtful gift, Gnome. Many blessings to you.

*hug*

Thanks gnome,
    I'd happily share them with you, as we search out old creeks, streets, and buildings.

Stop by some Sunday for brunch at Foran's, I make killer pancakes [[German cinammon-apple, chocolate-chip raspberry, or latkes, etc.) and Gran Marnier or Amaretto French Toast, as well some great music that often turns into a jam session from some of Detroit's great names in music.