Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Thread: Merry christmas

Default Merry christmas

To My Democrat Friends:

Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low-stress, non-addictive, gender-neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasion and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all. I also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 20
    10, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make America great. Not to imply that America is necessarily greater than any other country nor the only America in the Western Hemisphere . Also, this wish is made without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual preference of the wish.

To My Republican Friends:

Merry Christmas

Please do not exploit the holiday season to telegraph some message for one of the main stream media mouthpieces. I think I speak for many when I say I am sick in the gut over it.. F the political parties.

It's a joke.

Lorax Guest

To My Rethuglican Friends:

Wishing you a most joyous Christmas- I hope no one deficates on your creche, or complains too loudly about the global warming caused by the 10 billion Christmas lights decorating your home in your sidewalk free, tree free suburban patch of loveliness.

Hoping you enjoy your presents under that glorious, freshly cut dead Michigan pine sitting in your Great Room- presents like the boxes of political acrimony, obstruction, and strife- the gift from Uncle Sam that you first bitched about, but then graciously accepted with a knowing smile- the stockings stuffed with credit default swaps and little charm bracelets with the "WWJD" letters dangling down.

What a glorious time of year, when you can go caroling the neighborhood in the bitter, frosty air, singing to the front porch of your neighbor's empty, foreclosed house, not knowing, or caring that they had to move due to your gambling with their mortgage.

A time of year for cheer and good-will toward your fellow Rethuglicans, where every meal at Cracker Barrel is served by a large, straight, white waitress, where there's no danger of one of those mincing gay guys spitting in your soup.

Merry Christmas, Friends! May your new year be happy, Humana healthy, and may your days be filled with regular gifts from Goldmine Sachs, your pants worn high, and your labor cheap.

To my Liberal Friends:

It's been a challenging year to say the least. The early promise of our new president has morphed into something less than what we expected.

Health care has become a boon to the insurance industry, the economy has collapsed, foreclosures have forced families onto the streets, charities are strained to the limits, jobs are disappearing.

In spite of this, we can work even harder to make our government respond to our desires to create what our founding father's envisioned- a nation that looks after each other as any modern society is expected to do.

We can fight for regulations on banks and all private enterprise, publicly financed elections, socialized medicine that is more than a promise, and real rapid transit for the Detroit metro area.

Take the rest of this year to reflect, to plan, and to summon the will to continue in face of what Rethuglicans have dumped on us over the last 30 years.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS to all.

Quote: "It's a joke."

<insert Billy Madison laugh>

Just a very Happy Holiday to all

Lorax, you are one sick person. So full of hate.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all. Yes, you too Lorax.

YAY! Jams is back onboard!! Merry Christmas one and all.

Blarf Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sstashmoo View Post
    Quote: "It's a joke."

<insert Billy Madison laugh>
    O'Doyle Rules!

Retroit Guest

How ironic. tarkus points out the foolishness of liberals' being offended with everything, and what is the response?

Liberals are offended.

These liberals will not be satisfied until everyone is as miserable as they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
    How ironic. tarkus points out the foolishness of liberals' being offended with everything, and what is the response?

Liberals are offended.

These liberals will not be satisfied until everyone is as miserable as they are.
    Not necessarily. If everyone were as miserable as they claim to be, no one would be around to supply them with any more free handouts, and they'd actually have to get off their butts and work for a living like everyone else.

The political discourse on this thread is just . . . top notch :-/ . Merry fucking Christmas to all you liberal and conservative assholes

Lorax, I just love it when you prove my point.

Retroit Guest

Quote Originally Posted by EMG View Post
    Not necessarily. If everyone were as miserable as they claim to be, no one would be around to supply them with any more free handouts, and they'd actually have to get off their butts and work for a living like everyone else.
    "Work for a living"? How dare you expect these impeccable liberals to dirty their hands by taking part in evil, capitalistic, exploitative, money-making schemes!

We must all be poor and dependent on the government. Making money and providing for oneself is evil and must be punished.

How'd I miss Jams posting?

Quote Originally Posted by Retroit View Post

Liberals are offended.

United we stand; divided we fall.

Why do partisans hate America?

Liberals are offended.
    Several "liberals" posted in this thread who were not offended, so skip the generalizations.

Retroit Guest

^ ...and liberals are offended...

No, I'm not.

My sister sends me that e-mail every year. Many liberals and even some conservatives I know, have a good sense of humor and can laugh at themselves, unlike some others..

Wow, I read this thread expecting pleasant messages. So many invictives.

Last I looked the Christmas message was "Peace on earth, good will to men"