Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Best New Mid-Size Sedan

I was recently in the market for a new mid-size sedan [[under 30k) and was curious what DetroitYES! would recommend. The factors are cost, resale values, reliability, [[V6 or Turbo) engine performance, handling, fuel economy, cabin ergonomics, seating, safety, U.S. assembly/part content and comfort/luxury features.

The competitors are:
    Chevy Malibu
    Chrysler Sebring
    Ford Fusion
    Honda Accord
    Hyundai Sonata
    Mazda6
    Mitsubishi Galant
    Nissan Altima
    Subaru Legacy
    Toyota Camry
    VW Passat

What do you think?

Fusion, hands down. some non-ford people in the car biz think the hybrid is the most technologically advanced car built -- and they don't put any caveats on that

twenty were just delivered to Toyota's York Twp facility earlier this month. twenty. can you say total dissection? they know it is the class of the class

I vote for the Fusion, too. I want one!

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/11/17/f...r-motor-trend/

Ford Fusion is the 2010 Motor Trend Car of the Year.

Another Fusion vote. A family member who got one this year likes hers. [[V6/non-hybrid)

I don't see the Mercury Milan on there, but I have one and love it. I guess the Fusion comes closest

I rented a 2010 Chevy Malibu LTZ for a week. Really, really nice. I haven't driven a Fusion yet but I'd put both on my short list.

I have driven the Malibu, Sebring, Accord, Sonata, Galant, Altima and Camry. I am starting to feel bad that I didn't test drive the Fusion Hybrid. Excluding the Fusion, my top 3 is Accord, Malibu and Camry.

My short list: Fusion, Malibu, Accord, Camry [[in no particular order). I have heard and read many great things about the Fusion, and will seriously look at one the next time I'm in the market. This comes, BTW, from a confirmed Honda/Toyota man.

Don't matter to me as long as you BUY AMERICAN.

Buy American name plate built with UAW hands. Now that's loyalty and a good product.
    All's the rest is American branch plants with profits going off-shore, building great societies in Germany, Japan, Korea, and others. Every American UAW worker earns enough to support 7 other service workers. Some say that number might be up to 9 other workers.

jjaba, on the Westside.

Check out some consumer ratings. Edmund's in the sedan category offers the following:

http://www.edmunds.com/reviews/consu...dex.html#sedan

As for the American vs foreign issue, don't let bias stand in the way of the facts.

http://www.moneyallocator.com/articl...reign_cars.asp

EMG, let's not confuse jjaba with obscure facts. If you went by your logic, they Lions would not attract a single customer. Why the hell kind of a product is that?

And jjaba knows, Toyota gives jobs for life. That really is pretty damn good, eh.

jjaba, Proud Oldsmobile Bravada owner for 10 years. One vehicle, 10 yrs. old!!!