Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Official: News Lions unis/logo to be unveiled Monday

http://www.crainsdetroit.com/shea

The Detroit Lions are expected to unveil next Monday the team's tweaked "Bubbles" the mascot lion logo and the typeface for the official team logo script.

The unveiling will come at Dunham's Sports in Madison Heights.

[[I pasted the official press release at the end of the blog entry. Still no time set for the event at Dunham's)

Did a search and found these on another blog.

http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article...FREE/904209978

It's official.

More tweaks than anything radical, like Tampa Bay and Denver's changes in the 1990s.

They should've gone further and completely did a re-vamp on the logo. Just those few minor tweaks isn't going to do it for me. And more importantly than any cosmetic changes to a logo, the team just outright needs to play better. Win a handful of games and give us fans a reason to buy and wear this uniform again.

Why not this:

The new logo looks like Bubbles on steriods. Does he need to pass a blood test to stay on the helmets? Should I order my Super Bowl tickets now?

Teh Lions should have added some claws to those front paws.

Hisssss!!!

Ffftttt-fffttt!!

Meow...

I just hope the new Bubbles with the blow dried hairdew will help em' win a game or two.

So why didn't the Lions consider obtaining the copyright, and then use Snagglepuss as their template for the new Lion mascot logo, or a reasonable facsimile thereof.....even??

When the Lions inevitably snatch defeat from the jaws of victory at Ford Field, the fans could then yell "Heavens To Murgatroyd" instead of taking the Lord's name in vain, and yelling Jaysus Kheyrist!!!

Exit...stage left!!!
    Last edited by Flanders; April-20-09 at 05:33 PM.

I am absolutely convinced that they will not do any worse next season.

How about this?

Think of how an athlete fells when he puts on, say Yankee Pinstrips, grand tradition... Then think about Celtic Green, all the pride and glory... Now think how one feels when putting Bubbles on for the first time...Not exactly in the same ballpark, is it?

I think Drew Sharp said it best, when he said Bubbles reminds him of his cocker spanial, wagging his tail and licking him when he comes home.

They have fucked up this team to no end. Is it any wonder they even fucked up their logo.
    I think Mr. Drunk should have asked for a logo that featured a tumbler full of ice spilling liquor. It would be more appropriate the way he has owned the team and by the way the team plays. Are they all drunk all of the time? It seems like it.

I like the new logo.

They did just enough to update it and give it a more modern look without overdoing it and making it look like it was designed by a first year design student who was spending way too much time thinking about it.

It has a nice clean and professional look about it.
    Wait for it...

Now if we could just get a professional team to wear these uniforms.