Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Eph McNally's -- sold and moving and maybe reopening in the Bohemian National Home...

I think this has been on the board before, but I heard this from the owner of Foran's while eating at Eph's today on Woodward. The owner of Eph's has sold out, and has sold out for a couple months now. The new owners _ who are the owners of Forans _ will phase out the menu at Eph's, knock a hole through the wall to connect to Foran's, either modify or get a new liquor license, and convert the place to upscale/high-end diner connected to the bar and do away with the menu and sandwiches. They will have a "make-it-yourself" style menu where you basically check off what you want _ bread, meat, condiment _ and the make you the sandwich
    The old owner of eph's are to reopen in the Bohemian National Home in some format.
    I knew something was up as the jars of pickels had disappeared over the past few months and my sandwich today _ a turkey club _ appeared to be made with classic lunchmeat and ordinary bread. Very pedestrian.

Ooh! Ooh! Anybody want to make a guess on what format it eventually opens in at the Bohemian National Home?

1) Quality sandwiches, brand-new kitchen, full staff.
    2) Ho-hum sandwiches, few staffers.
    3) No kitchen to speak of, but an alcohol sale license apparently in use.

Quote Originally Posted by urbanpioneer View Post
    I knew something was up as the jars of pickels had disappeared over the past few months and my sandwich today _ a turkey club _ appeared to be made with classic lunchmeat and ordinary bread. Very pedestrian.
    I thought they had already removed most of the decorations on the wall. I had my eye on that Hudson's poster, but someone told me it was already taken down after the sale?

Forgive my ignorance but where is the Bohemian National Home.?

The Bohemian National Home of which the forumer spoke is the club on Tillman and Michigan.

It's on Tillman, but it's a couple blocks north of Michigan. Great old building, with scraps of newspapers in Czech poking out from the walls.

I called Ephs on Tuesday, and they answered Ephs Downtown. Are you sure they are done?

Stromberg2