Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Windsor Cajun restaurant

I used to go to a cajun restaurant in Windsor about ten years ago that was near the bridge, on Sandwich street I think, that I believe was called Louisiana Purchase. The chef/owner won the annual award in New Orleans for best seafood gumbo. It truly was the best gumbo I have ever tasted. After it closed, I heard the chef moved to northern Michigan to open a place. Does anyone know about this? Also, wondering if any of our Windsor forumers can tell me if Schweppes Ginger Beer is available there. They have it in Europe and I heard it may be available in Canada, though not in the USA. Thanks

Could it be Pearl's in Elk Rapids? Opened in 1998.

http://www.magnumhospitality.com/index.php

Downriviera - We will be going to the store tomorrow. I am almost positive I've seen it on the shelves around here. I've got a note made out to check its availability and I will report back tomorrow. I'm on the case!

Downriviera - went to our little local market and they do not sell it. They sell Grace Ginger Beer.

I've called all the major supermarkets around Windsor - they do not sell it either.

BUT - if you are interested in Grace Ginger Beer, one of the places that sells it is Food Basics located at 2491 Dougall.

And there is another ginger beer called Old Tyme that Sobeys carries. Sobeys is located at 7676 Techumseh.

Both places are easy to get to from the tunnel. Hope this helps in your quest!

Thanks to you both for the replys. Elk Rapids rings a bell and I think this may be the place, but I have found nothing online to indicate that the chef from the Windsor restaurant was involved. I'll pick up that ginger beer next time I'm over the border. Merry Xmas.