Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Bernie Sanders having his say on health care.

http://www.c-span.org/Watch/Media/20...Amendment.aspx

Corporations could get OK to buy ads for candidates
    The court has raised a range of high-stakes possibilities that could let corporations, unions and wealthy individuals pour money into elections in time for this year's congressional races, not to mention the 2012 presidential contest. A ruling is expected as early as Tuesday....

At one extreme, the justices could give corporations, unions and activist groups funded by wealthy donors virtual free rein to run election-time ads for or against candidates.

Depending on the details, such a ruling could lay the groundwork for wealthy interests to press their rights further in future cases and argue they should be able to give money directly to presidential and congressional campaigns.
    "One dollar, one vote" is the new "one man, one vote." Prepare for the bombardment of corporate psyops upon the electorate.

Quote Originally Posted by 1KielsonDrive View Post
    Gibran, I'm with you on both counts. I don't know what convinced me to work for 'Change You Can Believe In'. So far, I've had to suspend my belief. We went from the Neo-cons to the Neo-blue dogs.
    Oh I am still a huge Obama fan but I am also realistic..it is going to take years to fix what we inherited...but remember his stance is think first shoot later...versus the neocon destroy first and find someone else to blame later... or lie and rewrite the facts first and make profits later and then critize those who come even later when they try to reverse this mess..

Oh and just another interesting note...while we were in the heated debate over healthcare...many of our freshmen elected officals [[both parties) spent a week in Israel [[AIPAC funded)...when they should have been home listening to the people that elected them... to the tune of $325,000... I want a vaction like that...and low and behold they all wrote a bill recently condeming the Goldstone report...time to really look at why should foreign lobbies hiding as domestic ones have access to our congress.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2