Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Urban Dictionary

I like "A city that a bunch of people talk and complain about but without ever stepping inside the city limits or even coming within 50 miles of its border."

3.Where everyone who's from Michigan says they're from when somebody asks them where they live. Ahhhahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaa This has got to be one of the most true statements I have ever heard!
    I recently moved out to Hillsdale county, and have met about 12-15 people from Detroit, when I ask what part, I am always greeted with, answers like FlatRock, Monroe, Birmingham etc....
    Sadly enough when they ask me and I reply, Cass Corridor or Southwest, I immediately see a look of disdain in their face. Go Figure.

Back in the mid-80's I took a cab at Kennedy Airport in NYC. The driver asked me where I was from, to which I replied "Detroit." He was fairly knowledgeable, rattling off the names of several suburbs as an interrogative. He was shocked when I said "Nope, Detroit." Apparently I was the first white person he had met from the city proper.

Detroit - A failed experiment in "Trash rule".

stinkbug Guest

A particularly nasty border guard asked me where I live, and when I said Detroit, he said, "IN Detroit?" in a snarky border guard kind of way. Part of it was he was probably surprised since I was white, and dude probably gets a ton of white people from the suburbs who just say, "Detroit" when in reality they set foot in Detroit probably twice a year for sports games.

Detroit, a city in SE Michigan. Population 1.86 million.
    home of Vernor's Ginger ale, Shroh's Beer, and JL Hudsons.
    home of Hudson, Packard, Nash, and other car companies.
    [[1950 census)

I actually like one of the definition for Oakland County.

"A virtual suburban waste land filled with wealthy and arrogant baby boomer fucktards who think they're located in the land of Oz and really hate anything that remotely resembles true urbanism. The dictator is L. Brooks Paterson, whose only mission is to destroy the city of Detroit and rob it of any prosperity."

Retroit Guest

Detroit: A city whose inhabitants refuse to take responsibility for their failures and blame everyone else instead.