Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default attemp to help me in some kind of way

I am an freshman at Oakland community college wanting to start an young organization, reaching out to middle schools, wanting to speak on how to make themselves productive in our community and staying focus on their goals and stressing how important our generation and there generation need education to succeed in the up coming years. I have ideas and want to start by just volunteering personally, I'm willing to take any challenge/opportunity that is given. I consider that my "hustle". please get in touch with me with any help on how to accomplish my goals as a young man in the city of Detroit.

email/ evandorvanman@yahoo.com
    face email as well

ps. The help will really be an blessing from god, thanks to all interested

Well, you might want to start on your presentation skills.

If you want to do motivational presentations, you probably need to practice doing them. Unless you have some other venue for honing your skills, which you might be able to find within your academic environment, you might want to consider joining the Toastmasters. Maybe some other people on the forum know specific groups.

The other thing is to walk the walk. Get an education and be an example. Do something cool that you can talk about to inspire others.

I encourage you to investigate the Challenge Day folks.

One bad news story to the contrary, the bulk of what they do is pretty amazing.

Sounds like you'd fit right in...

www.challengeday.org

Retroit Guest

Why "just volunteer"? If you really want to make an impact, why not become a middle school teacher? That will provide plenty of opportunities to satisfy your "hustle".

Welcome to the forum.

It's great that you're getting a education at an college and that you want to be an volunteer.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    It's great that you're getting a education at an college and that you want to be an volunteer.

Thanks for the early morning chortle Nerd!!

I think it's great to want to volunteer while in school. It's a great way to learn hands on skills along with the book learning.