Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Stroll Through Belle Isle Conservatory Tonight

Stroll Through the Conservatory

There’ll be a special evening on Belle Isle on Friday, Dec.. 18. The Belle Isle Botanical Society and the Detroit Recreation & General Services Departments’ Floriculture Unit invite the public to its annual Stroll Through the Conservatory from 5-8 p.m. at the Anna Scripps Whitcomb Conservatory. With the Conservatory especially lighted and decorated for the holidays, visitors can enjoy Detroit’s nationally renowned plant collection within the five climate-controlled greenhouses designed by famed architect Albert Kahn. Holiday music will be provided by the Boll Family YMCA’s, Deep River Choir from 6:30 to 7:30 as guests sip cider and nibble on donuts. No charge.

About the Belle Isle Botanical Society

The Belle Isle Botanical Society is a 501 [[c) [[3) non-profit organization providing volunteers for the Anna Scripps Whitcomb Conservatory, adjoining gardens and greenhouses and also for guided tours for adults and learning programs for student

I was unable to go to this event tonight, but I have been in the past and it is fantastic! I believe it was two years ago that the event was canceled due to snow and I was the only schmuck that tried to drive through the snow to get there, and I ended up getting stuck and my 4 wheel drive truck being dug out by the DPD!

Very short notice but it sounds interesting. I would love to see pictures if anyone went.

Shoot.

Wish I would have seen this thread last night when I was bored to tears.