Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Buy American Guest

Default Shepard Smith, Fox News

What do you think? I think he's absolutely right.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news...roblem-detroit

Lorax Guest

I think he wears too much makeup.

I was wondering when this was going to end up on DYes.

"Shepard Smith said the following during the Fox News pogram 'Studio B''...

Seems as though the writer of the story didn't go to a very good school, either.

Chuck_MI Guest

Quote Originally Posted by downtownguy View Post

Seems as though the writer of the story didn't go to a very good school, either.
    +1
    I also chuckled when I saw "pogrom" misspelled.

Buy American Guest

Maybe the writer graduated from DPS!

smudge pot Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck_MI View Post
    +1
    I also chuckled when I saw "pogrom" misspelled.
    I didn't chuckle, but we can chalk that up to either temperament or intellect. Speaking of pogroms, the most oppressed race in human history offers a useful object lesson. The poorest Jewish immigrant family in New York's Lower East Side struggled and scraped to make sure that their kids could at least have piano lessons. Fast-forward to Detroit. Any parent, even in this town, should be able to help their kids understand fourth-grade math. As far as the teachers are concerned? Let's not go there.

Rideron Guest

This whole 'testing' regime, and the whole 'education' system imposed on Detroit is nothing but a tool of white opression designed and intended to keep blacks from their rightful wealth, power and control while the suburban white power elites continue to bleed the life out of black youth. God bless the DFT for what they are able to do under this yoke of facist enslavement and exploitation

Retroit Guest

^ blksoul_x, is that you?

This whole 'testing' regime, and the whole 'education' system imposed on Detroit is nothing but a tool of white opression designed and intended to keep blacks from their rightful wealth, power and control while the suburban white power elites continue to bleed the life out of black youth. God bless the DFT for what they are able to do under this yoke of facist enslavement and exploitation
    yep. all them black teachers i see on the news when they talk about the schools doing this or the students doing that are all uncle toms deliberately not teaching the youth how to do multiplication and division so that they will be dumb poor black slaves for us white masters. are you out of your freaking mind? i mean really? oh really? you need to stay off the prozac and get on with seeing things for what they really are. there isnt ONE white member of the detroit school board. any white teacher who attempted this kind of crap would be castigated by the media and hung out to dry. youre one screwed up individual thats for damned sure...

Quote Originally Posted by Rideron View Post
    You made a knucklehead comment on the Hurlbut Gate thread too. Sounds like you have an axe to grind.

Retroit Guest

Let's grind it.

MichMatters Guest

His comment was in no way constructive or of any positive value. It is not at all unsurprising; look who he works for, and what passes for cable "news", these days across the board. Mayhaps, he wouldn't find it so funny if someone joked about burning down his inherently trashy and laughable network which hasn't reported actual news since its birth, and whose viewers don't even believe their silly motto.

But, that's about where all of this ends. At the end of the day, he's a dime-a-dozen talking head, and a reported diva, at that, and one with a history of being emotionally unstable. This is not at all out of character for him.

So...Meh.

For some reason the words FIRE....DETROIT.....GUNS....CHILDREN....APATHY.... IGNORANCE....ILLITERACY....MURDER
    seem to come together in describing current events in our town. And no matter how reprehensible Shepard Smith's comments are, he had nothing to do with them.

Quote Originally Posted by smudge pot View Post
    I didn't chuckle, but we can chalk that up to either temperament or intellect. Speaking of pogroms, the most oppressed race in human history offers a useful object lesson. The poorest Jewish immigrant family in New York's Lower East Side struggled and scraped to make sure that their kids could at least have piano lessons. Fast-forward to Detroit. Any parent, even in this town, should be able to help their kids understand fourth-grade math. As far as the teachers are concerned? Let's not go there.
    Haha! So your intellect makes you so much better, eh smudge pot? Well, I caught it and I'm a proud DPS graduate. Cooley HS. Go Cardinals! You use one ambiguous example to define a race? Whether the example is positive or negative, that's ridiculous! You've got to be kidding! And teachers are saints, wherever they teach. You're right, smudge pot, don't go there...

Oh, and by the way, it was p-o-g-r-a-m. You can't even get the misspelling right.

[QUOTE=downtownguy;101576]
    Oh, and by the way, it was p-o-g-r-a-m. You can't even get the misspelling right.[/QUOTE

pogrom |ˈpōgrəm; pəˈgräm|
    noun
    an organized massacre of a particular ethnic group, in particular that of Jews in Russia or eastern Europe.
    ORIGIN early 20th cent.: from Russian, literally ‘devastation,’ from gromit’ ‘destroy by the use of violence.’

What do you expect after all it is FOX NEWS

I don't have anything to add about the story in question, but I watched the clicked the link on the right side of the page that led to a clip about burglaries in Detroit. That's shocking: Of the last 20 arrested for burglary, only two went for prison. If I read that spreadsheet correctly, one of those terms was a year. The rest were just put on probation and had to pay bond / bail or whatever it's called.

lilpup Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ljbad89 View Post
    I don't have anything to add about the story in question, but I watched the clicked the link on the right side of the page that led to a clip about burglaries in Detroit. That's shocking: Of the last 20 arrested for burglary, only two went for prison. If I read that spreadsheet correctly, one of those terms was a year. The rest were just put on probation and had to pay bond / bail or whatever it's called.
    Do you understand what constitutes "burglary"?

Chuck_MI Guest

Oh, and by the way, it was p-o-g-r-a-m. You can't even get the misspelling right.
    Whoosh! It went over your head. It was a lame attempt at a joke on my part. Sorry for bothering you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideron View Post
    Yep, I think I figured out part of Detroit's problem. Try it this way....if your kids cannot add and subtract how do you figure they'll keep track of the wealth that has been kept from them by white oppression? Notice how oppression is spelled while you complain about obtaining an education.
    Last edited by rid0617; December-18-09 at 04:24 AM.

Mighty funny, I dont hear them talking like this about Ga's or Mississippi's even lower than Detroit's education systems....

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck_MI View Post
    Whoosh! It went over your head. It was a lame attempt at a joke on my part. Sorry for bothering you.
    My apologies, Chuck_MI. Yes, it did go over my head. I intended my sarcasm for Smudge Pot and his remark against teachers.

Do you guys mean to say that there was a misunderstanding? That the words said were not the words heard? That the intention of hyperbollic snarkisms became contorted through the ears and eyes of the overly sensitive?

Sounds to me that is exactly what happened to Mr. Shepard's words. In reviewing the tape, Mr. Shepard was talking with a set of parents from Detroit who want to send teachers and school board members to jail for their collective failures. Jail.

As though to be sympathic to their outraged point-of-view Mr. Shepard said, "...if my daughter went to school in Detroit, I'd burn the place down." As though he would be so outraged that he would do anything to rectify the situation and hold accountable those responsible.

I usually consider Mr. Shepard a sheep-fucking putz, however in this case he was spot on.
    Last edited by gnome; December-18-09 at 09:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit Stylin View Post
    Mighty funny, I dont hear them talking like this about Ga's or Mississippi's even lower than Detroit's education systems....
    Actually US News & World Reports ranking for top high schools by state for 2008 shows GA at #20, MI at #26, & MS at #45.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast