Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Former Dalgleish Cadillac to be turned into TechTown Two

http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article...312139976/1069

The former Cadillac dealership will become home to an incubator for high tech businesses.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitZack View Post
    http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article...312139976/1069

Cannot read that web page you linked to, subscribers only
    The former Cadillac dealership will become home to an incubator for high tech businesses.
    I wonder if they'll save that unusual 'elevator'
    You gotta see it to believe it. Doors on either side, one for 'up', one for 'down'
    A Vertical conveyor belt with handholds and 'steps'
    Hop onto the 'step', grab the handhold, and jump off at your floor.

At first it said the same thing to me [[I'm not a subscriber) then I just put the headline in google news and I was able to read it.

maybe the new electric cars and other gadgets could be on display in the showroom

LodgeDodger Guest

This is really great news for me. I was worried about the future of this building as the tour facilitator of the Automotive Heritage tour [[Preservation Wayne). I was worried about having to explain to those on my tour about yet another empty building.

Very good news indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by econ expat View Post
    You gotta see it to believe it. Doors on either side, one for 'up', one for 'down'
    This sounds amazing.

I hope there is ground level retail in keeping with the vision of "techtown" as a vibrant mixed-use district with retail and housing as well as high-tech businesses.

Agreed CassCorridor, Detroit's New Center/Tech Town could use more street-level shops & gathering places.

My old man worked at Dodge Main and mentioned that they had this same type of elevator system. I guess ypou were in deep shit if you let go too soon.