Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default ISO: Masonic Temple Photos

Can anyone please direct me to photos of the grand dame. TIA

Retroit Guest

What does ISO mean? International Organization for Standardization?

If so, how can someone who uses such a technical term not know how to do a simple web search?

In Search Of

Of course one could try actual Search engines. Mine gives me a number of possibilities from the search "Detroit Masonic Temple pictures" Including this link http://www.detroitmasonic.com/pictures.htm which seems to have a picture or two.

Seriously GOOGLE is your friend, use it!

detroitfunk.com had a GREAT pictorial on the Masonic, search there

Default ISO: Masonic temple

1. ISO is "in search of"
    2. Did a search using bing and didn't get any photos that I could download and use. Most images had watermarks.

Thanks for the link and have a merry Christmas.

EastsideAl http://www.detroitmasonic.com/pictures.htm was a great link! I remember a fellow named Dave that worked in the Masonic temple in the 70s. everyone called him lil Dave because of his size, he used to frequent whatever establisment my mom was working at the time. He gave me quite a few backdoor tours thru the Masonic as a kid. Nice guy.

Quote Originally Posted by illyad View Post
    Did a search using bing and didn't get any photos that I could download and use. Most images had watermarks.
    Ummmm.....

Retroit Guest

My apologies. I'm not up to speed on the latest Techie terminology, I guess. lol

You may want to try the "image" search function of Google. I found many with no watermark. I don't know the legality for using them, though. I always thought it was silly to watermark/copyright a photo that anyone could take. I could understand if the photographer went to some extraordinary means to take the picture or added some artistic editing, but to simply click a photo of a public [[or nearly so) building and claim some sort of exclusive privilege seems to me rather selfish.

ziggyselbin Guest

The Masonic is an incredible building.........Is there any like it anywhere? I am curious

Retroit Guest

The George Washington Masonic Memorial in Washington, D.C. [[Alexandria, VA) is also pretty impressive.

http://www.gwmemorial.org/index.php

Detroit's Masonic Temple [[MI) [[Images of America) [[Paperback)

~ Alex Lundberg
    Alex Lundberg [[Author)
    Visit Amazon's Alex Lundberg Page
    Find all the books, read about the author, and more.
    See search results for this author
    Are you an author? Learn about Author Central

[[Author), Greg Kowalski [[Author)
    Key Phrases: lodge room, Associate Steward, Burton Historical Collection,

Available from Amazon and at local book stores. Lots of pictures, lots of history. Another source of information is any Mason. Ask them, they won't volunteer information on the organization but will gladly discuss it with you.