Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Millions of Bush administration e-mails recovered

This can't be good:

Washington [[CNN) -- Computer technicians have recovered about 22 million Bush administration e-mails that the Bush White House had said were missing, two watchdog groups that sued over the documents announced Monday.

The e-mails date from 2003 to 2005, and had been "mislabeled and effectively lost," according to the National Security Archive, a research group based at George Washington University. But Melanie Sloan, executive director of the liberal-leaning Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington, said it could be years before most of the e-mails are made public.

Bush Emails

It can be NOTHING but good.

Bet they're happy they've got that little escape paradise down in Paraguay now.

Lorax Guest

No doubt they're ready with the decorators and staff being trained and moved in, including the Blackwater mercenaries guarding the periphery with machine guns.

Has anyone tried to Google/earth the Paraguayan sanctuary? Don't think it's allowed to show up last I looked- no doubt great wealth influences much in our world.

Great wealth didn't keep me from printing out the ones from my casual stumble upon that World Catalog of Libraries listing of OSS and CIA maps. Asuncion, Paraguay was on that list.

Made mention of it in that 'Beautiful Paraguay in the Post Apocalypse Springtime' thread that disappeared twice.

So...wealthy people can wipe the web, maybe. Erase a face in a digital photo.

But for some reason there are a few they can't reach. Elusive, some are.

Sometimes those deletions don't take.

Cheers, cannot wait to see what these e-mails say.

Someone should leak the whole contents, so we can go at it Wiki-style.

Wouldn't that be fun?

I just want the ones that refer to Donald Rumsfeld, even obliquely.

Maybe the word Pegasus.
    Last edited by Gannon; December-16-09 at 10:39 AM. Reason: Needed to add, "Sometimes those deletions don't take."

Lowell [[not sure if he has other admins) should be the only one with permissions to delete threads. You sure the thread just didn't get archived? Did Lowell ever address the missing thread?

Lowell and I can neither confirm nor deny any conversation regarding that thread took place.

I have investigated it as thoroughly as necessary to prove it was beyond co-incidence, but gone twice from everywhere except a trace of it on the fansite.

And the hard-copies I have sprinkled about...heh.

It disappeared twice, completely. Once when Jimaz did a google search on it, we got strange results...but it showed up for a while there before but not after that odd search anomaly.

Another issue not mentioned in this article was that they were using RNC servers instead of government servers. It would be nice to know if any of the RNC traffic was recovered.

That would be curious.

Apparently it is only an agreed upon 33 days worth of Bush White House backups.

Wonder who looked through the calendar to see when it was safe...once again, this isn't the whole story.

Interesting. Now I'm really curious to read it. I must've missed that thread entirely.

ccbatson Guest

Maybe it slipped into the wormhole over Oslo?

Lorax Guest

I didn't know your name was Oslo?

Funny.

ccbatson Guest

Ummm, really? You think so? That it is funny? Did you try it on a second traders to determine that?

Lorax Guest

Anytime I can expose you for what you are, it's funny.

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    Ummm, really? You think so? That it is funny? Did you try it on a second traders to determine that?
    Not sure what a second trader is

Here's an excerpt of one of the emails:

"Like, ummm, what's the Cuban Missile whatever?" - DP

"Waffles sound good for dinner." - GWB

Lorax Guest

Quote Originally Posted by d.mcc View Post
    Not sure what a second trader is
    Nobody knows. It's more mystical bat farting, operating on a different plane.

It's a Wall Street "second-hander"...

My guess is an index-finger typo.

G not T.

Simple typo.

Second Grader. Works in context, it is how I read it the first time.

When someone's mind goes, their communication fails first.

That is how you know someone might be fatigued, at least.

So, it was easy to ignore the incorrect plural, too, in that phrase.
    Last edited by Gannon; December-16-09 at 10:43 AM.

ccB, we're worried about you. Perhaps seek professional help?

Perhaps if he does, we'll have the proverbial blind leading the blind.

Wouldn't that be a hoot?! Cc'd be biblical. Who'da thunk it?.

ccbatson Guest

Yes, spelling compulsivists...it was supposed to be a g, not a t. However, I am confident everyone got the meaning just fine.

Lorax Guest

With you, one never knows.

Lorax Guest

Quote Originally Posted by elganned View Post
    It's a Wall Street "second-hander"...
    Would that be a person who requires a second hand to get the job done?

Lorax Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    Perhaps if he does, we'll have the proverbial blind leading the blind.

Wouldn't that be a hoot?! Cc'd be biblical. Who'da thunk it?.
    Bats fly blind- must be all the genetically engineered fruit flies he's been eating- throwing off his radar.

Blame ADM.

ccBat, seriously, do you have a personal support group or someone who can watch you?

I'm really concerned now. You're exhibiting several symptoms.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast