Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    ccbatson Guest

Default Medicare backfire

Well libs...what happens to a well to do 55 year old thinking of early retirement if the extension of Medicare down to age 55 passes? The taxpayers pay for his health insurance in exchange for the destruction of the entire program [[already paid for by senior taxpayers) and the economy.

How do libs reconcile this paradox I wonder?

Lorax Guest

By adding the 40 million more paying contributors.

Go back to school and take a math class, "Doc."

ccbatson Guest

Already paying Lorax...check your pay stub. If you don't have one, look at someone else's.

Lorax Guest

You don't get it- the bill also insures 40 million UNINSURED. Can't add people without additional revenue.

ccbatson Guest

Did you explain that to Obama?...because that is exactly what he intends to do.

Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    Well libs...what happens to a well to do 55 year old thinking of early retirement if the extension of Medicare down to age 55 passes? The taxpayers pay for his health insurance in exchange for the destruction of the entire program [[already paid for by senior taxpayers) and the economy.

Well Bats, what happens to a 55 year old man that has lost his job and is without insurance if this doesn't pass?

Lorax Guest

Off to Detroit Receiving, I guess.

This bill is so compromised at this point, that it's going to end up being a big loser for everyone, including Obama. Oh well, politics as usual, and the corporate elitists win another one.

At least so far they are closing the Donut Hole, which was a big downer for the Prescription Drug plan. Let's hope some good comes of this.

Retroit Guest

Here's an idea: In addition to free health care for everyone, we could add free housing, free food, and free clothing, as these are just as vital as health care.

Then we can all quit our jobs, live off of Chinese-funded debt support, and enjoy the "American Dream".

Lorax Guest

Sounds great, where do I sign up?

After what corporate America did to this country over the last 8-10 years, they can pay for my health care cradle to grave, and educate my kids with all the taxes I pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
    Here's an idea: In addition to free health care for everyone, we could add free housing, free food, and free clothing, as these are just as vital as health care.

Then we can all quit our jobs, live off of Chinese-funded debt support, and enjoy the "American Dream".
    We already have publicly-funded assistance programs for housing and food. Pay attention.

There are 106 insurance companies based in Connecticut. Who do you think Lieberman, the senator from Connecticut, is looking out for? Follow the money.
    Too bad. Death and misery to the uninsured. Insurance companies laugh all the way to the bank. Mission accomplished, Senator!

Lorax Guest

Lieberman disgusts me.

Even his wife, Hadassa, is a corporate shill, using her career to further the goals of big insurance.

If Harry Reid doesn't go to reconciliation and pass this with a public option, then there is no hope for change.

I didn't realize you were that close to retirement, Cc.

Lorax Guest

Batt's could care less about collecting from Medicare- the independently wealthy have Cadillac health care plans and couldn't be bothered with Medicare.

Lorax Guest

Well, Thugs....last I looked, ALL taxpayers pay for Medicare, "Doc," not the seniors, who are the ones collecting on it. Might get your facts aligned before speaking.

Rideron Guest

It's not an issue anymore. Medicare expansion and the public option are both dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Retroit View Post

Ever hear of a slippery slope fallacy?

Lorax Guest

True medical reform is a dead issue anyway- all of these points are moot, since we elected Obama the new Republican president.

Congress is too far in the pockets of corporations, and will vote against the will of the majority of Americans every time. What did anyone expect?

Short of going to reconciliation, and ramming through a single payer system with a 51 vote simple majority, then health care is dead.

Republicans should thank Barack Obama for not working hard enough against them.

ccbatson Guest

Public option and Medicare extension are not dead, they are off the table to get past the next hurdle...they will be back.

Retroit Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Ever hear of a slippery slope fallacy?
    Ever hear the "A country's economy can not collapse" fallacy?

It hardly matters now. The current plan, even if it contained the Medicare enrollment change, will do nothing to ease the upsurge of medical expense because it doesn't address any of the root causes of that upsurge.

We'll revist this issue within 10 years. You heard it here first.

Public option and Medicare extension are not dead, they are off the table to get past the next hurdle...they will be back.
    One can only hope.

Lorax Guest

"Medicare Backfire"

More like a bat fart.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideron View Post
    It's not an issue anymore. Medicare expansion and the public option are both dead.
    Sad, but correct. The well meaning desire for reform has been co opted and changed into a tool for increasing the number of paying customers for the insurance companies, and reducing competition.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast