Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Picture Test

Default Picture Test

Some test pics.

THe first two are early winter Pics from Belle Isle. The third is from last August.
    Last edited by ndavies; March-10-09 at 01:33 PM.

I see where you did the attachment from. I guess what I was asking is if there is a way to have the pictures appear in the message the way they currently do, as an insert into the message.

You should see two pictures embedded in this post.
    Attachment 23

If you see links and not the pictures, Go to your UserCP, edit options. Click the Show images check box under the thread display options

Attachment 24
    Last edited by ndavies; March-10-09 at 01:37 PM.

Your User CP controls the automatic download of attachments. The default settings just leaves a link to the pictures.

To change this: Open the User CP, go to Edit options. Under the Thread display options there is a Show Images check box. Check the box and the images will now be embedded in the post when you go back to the post. [[you may need to refresh.)
    Last edited by ndavies; March-10-09 at 01:47 PM.

Default How to insert an image into a post

Thanks, Norm, for the testing. I went into the FAQ to figure out how to insert the pictures inside the text and posted on another thread.

One of the nice features is that I can copy and paste one thread to another. So I have copied what I wrote over here because your title is more descriptive.

How do I attach a file to a post?
    To attach a file to your post, you need to be using the main 'New Post' or 'New Thread' page and not 'Quick Reply'. To use the main 'New Post' page, click the 'Post Reply' button in the relevant thread.

On this page, below the message box, you will find a button labelled 'Manage Attachments'. Clicking this button will open a new window for uploading attachments. You can upload an attachment either from your computer or from another URL by using the appropriate box on this page. Alternatively you can click the Attachment Icon to open this page.

To upload a file from your computer, click the 'Browse' button and locate the file. To upload a file from another URL, enter the full URL for the file in the second box on this page. Once you have completed one of the boxes, click 'Upload'.
    Name:  How to upload images.jpg
Views: 741
Size:  50.6 KB

Once the upload is completed the file name will appear below the input boxes in this window. You can then close the window to return to the new post screen.

What files types can I use? How large can attachments be?
    In the attachment window you will find a list of the allowed file types and their maximum sizes. Files that are larger than these sizes will be rejected. There may also be an overall quota limit to the number of attachments you can post to the board.

How do I add an image to a post?
    If you have uploaded an image as an attachment, you can click the arrow next to the 'Attachment Icon' and select it from the list. This will be inserted into your post and can be located where you want it displayed.
    Name:  ArnoldPiano-56507.jpg
Views: 711
Size:  83.0 KB

Here are the insertion steps illustrated:
    Name:  How to insert a picture in a post.jpg
Views: 690
Size:  90.1 KB

To include an image that is not uploaded as an attachment and is located on another website, you can do so by copying the full URL to the image, [[not the page on which the image is located), and either pressing the 'Insert Image' icon or by typing [img] before the URL and [/img] after it, ensuring that you do not have any spaces before or after the URL of the image. You can insert pictures from your albums [[?) in this way too.
    Last edited by Lowell; March-10-09 at 01:21 PM.

Thanks, I got it now.

Attachment 32

Attachment 33

Attachment 34

Seeing if I got it right.

Stosh Guest

I was wondering whether we can get the file sizes changed to at the very least the sizes that were on the old board. Max Height is a little restrictive at 280 pixels. One can always go the photobucket route though, except archiving if the external site goes away could be problematic.

Yep, just figured it out. No more thumbnails and clicking.

Stosh Guest

Trying from the upload feature now.This picture is set at the maximum, 660 X 660, 44.81k

Attachment 37

Still have to remember to click on the manage attachments paperclip arrow in the advanced editor to place the picture where you want it.

Is there a limit to the amount of uploads one can make to the board? There is a meter on the top that lists uploads... just wondering.
    Last edited by Stosh; March-30-09 at 09:07 PM.

lilpup Guest

I see the embedded images properly. There should be a setting somewhere that allows attached images to be displayed in the attachment boxes, instead of just links.

Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by lilpup View Post
    I see the embedded images properly. There should be a setting somewhere that allows attached images to be displayed in the attachment boxes, instead of just links.
    The paperclip at the top of the editor allows you to place the image you upload properly within the message. Once you click on it it gives you a text similar to the popjpg which was on the other board, it looks like this [ATTACH]File number[/ATTACH]
    Last edited by Stosh; March-11-09 at 10:00 AM.

lilpup Guest

on other vBulletin boards this attachment would show as an image in the box instead of just a link - it would appear the way the embedded images do, just with the attachment box around it [[example)

Stosh Guest

It has to do with internal settings somewhere on the Admin side, I think. I don't see an option to do that within the user side.

Default image trial

sounds just like my hdforums.com list server, ok here goesName:  stroker1.JPG
Views: 612
Size:  18.0 KB

Attachment 52

Stacy Keibler

Picture thread needs a Picture
    Last edited by Lowell; March-22-09 at 06:59 PM.

my Bad? I didnt't see any pics until I added Stacy, then after I submit, I see all the before mentioned images? Did I somehow turn something on when I submitted my pic?

Stosh Guest

Does the attachment's add up now? It used to list attachments owned by [[user). Are there still limitations as to the amount?

Attachment 64
    Last edited by Stosh; March-30-09 at 09:07 PM.

For posterity's sake.

Default test ride

Uploading a few favorites.....

Mudflap Librarian

Funky Chicken

"Can you hear me now?"
    Last edited by Mikeg; March-31-09 at 01:22 PM.

Default try it again

Uploading a few favorites.....

Attachment 97
    Mudflap Librarian

Attachment 98
    Funky Chicken

Attachment 99
    "Can you hear me now?"

cheddar bob Guest

Attachment 102mandatory 10 characters per post can be a pain.
    Last edited by cheddar bob; March-30-09 at 08:18 PM.

picture posting test.

this was not ez

I can see the links, not the pix. anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    I can see the links, not the pix. anyone else?
    Gnome, go into User CP, and click Edit Options under Settings & Options.

Scroll down a bit to the Thread Display Options, and click Show Images on.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast