Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default DetroitYES Holiday Gathering, Wednesday, December 16

For those of you who don't check the Connect page...

DetroitYES Holiday Gathering
    Wednesday, December 16, 8pm

The Old Miami
    3930 Cass Ave
    between Alexandrine and Selden

Django is our host!

Link to Detroit Connections thread:
    http://www.detroityes.com/mb/showthread.php?t=3711

Im not going to be able to make any hors'devors but feel free to bring something, we have a table to set it out on, fridge and micro if needed.

Theres already some beers under the tree.

BTW, I just want to see Gannon and CCbatson share a beer.
    Last edited by Django; May-03-10 at 03:37 AM.

Hope to see you at the Old Miami tonite after 8pm.

For those of you that might be out and about this evening attending other events or holiday gatherings, stop by afterwards and join us!!

Dave and I will bring some munchies.

I don't think I'll be able to make it. If something changes, I'll see you there. Have fun!

Stromberg2

Oh Django! You've brought a tear to my eye with that special beer for me! You're just so darn sweet to think of that. What a guy, eh?

I wish I could make it there, but I have to man [[woman) the phone. My sister-in-law was rushed to the hospital, and I am the designated go-to in order to keep her siblings updated on her condition. They all live out of town, and everyone is a mess over this. She is the matriarch of the family.

Hope all of you have a good time. Django - you drink my beer for me okay buddy -
    Last edited by eriedearie; December-24-09 at 02:18 PM.

Kath and a few others I forgot to put a beer out for. 313 Grl, Cub, there waiting here to be drunk.

Will be nice to hang out with you all but I still wish I was writing invites in the sands of Mexico like last year.

Well be thinking or your sis in law my Dearie.

Kathleen,
    I will be there tonight w/ my aunt, an Old Miami frequent, though not like before.

See you soon!!

How did things turn out - who all showed up?

Django - you didn't leave my beer under the tree did you? Please tell me you drank it for me!

I planned on going but couldn't make it

Thanks to those who joined the Gathering at the Old Miami on Wednesday. It was my first visit there...and I certainly think that we should consider a warm weather gathering there to take advantage of the patio and the picnic area out in the back.

Thanks to Django, our host!!

Thanks to Lowell, who dropped by!

Thanks to dtowncitylover and his aunt Beth and to Gnome for joining us!

We enjoyed munchies and drinks and lots of interesting conversation as well as the holiday ambience of the Old Miami.

A holiday toast to all DetroitYES followers! Enjoy your holidays with family and friends!!

So what did you think of the interior, Kathleen? Pretty cool, eh?

Stromberg2

LodgeDodger Guest

The brass rail on the bar is awesome.

I wasn't much of a host but it was a good time. I spent most of my time chattin Gnome up by the fireplace and gettin hit on by a toothless downriver cougar.

Sounds like a good time was had. Hope to make it next year!

Quote Originally Posted by Django View Post
    I wasn't much of a host but it was a good time. I spent most of my time chattin Gnome up by the fireplace and gettin hit on by a toothless downriver cougar.

All true except for the toothless part. She was only missing one tooth, right in front, and boy did she have her sights set on bagging a poor young Django. Last time I saw a cougar in such heat, Marlin Perkins was narrating.

LodgeDodger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    All true except for the toothless part. She was only missing one tooth, right in front, and boy did she have her sights set on bagging a poor young Django. Last time I saw a cougar in such heat, Marlin Perkins was narrating.
    Pics?

-----------