Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default A Christmas/New Year Wish For tponetom

We are thinking of you, back in Detroit. Have a great holiday season.
    When the words come, let us hear from you. Our best to Peggy!

Yes, indeed! A very happy holiday season to you and Peggy, and it would be so grand to hear from you.

BobI:
    Thank you for a very ‘kind’ and thoughtful greeting, not to mention a very
    ‘timely’ one.

Peggy and I needed a smile. Especially, me. "I’ll Never Smile Again," until I get some teeth.
    I just finished a three week ordeal with an Oral Surgeon. I am no longer eating chicken broth, sans chicken.

You may recall my story/post about Dentistry in Detroit during the Forties. I am thinking of writing an "up to date" sequel to that story.[[Just for the Holidays.)

Gazhekwe: [[if you are reading this.)
    My "tagline" ??? has long been, "Everything that goes around, comes around!" I don’t know who originated it but I find it very apropos in many of my verbal meanderings.

The Native American lore that you have been writing about, exposed a serendipity to me to write the above mentioned, sequel.
    We shall see.

That sounds intriguing, dentistry and American Indian Lore. I hope you recover quickly from your dental revamping.

Great to hear from you.
    Mom told me, shortly before she passed, that "growing old is not for sissies".

It is hoped that Peggy was able to provide some hardcore bean soup, and perhaps a little cornbread.

We've had the first blast of winter. Next wave this midweek. We are planning a trip to Belle Isle this weekend, and will think of you when we are near the cactus in the Conservatory. Then, a side trip to investigate the tree on McClelland.

Feel better Tp! Merry Christmas to you, Peggy, and the family.

Merry Christmas Tp and Peggy, and as my 85yr young Dad says "Be good to your teeth".

tponetom:
    It looks as though the tree has been replaced. Strange, to me, that the homes have outlasted the tree. I would have bet against them.