Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default "The Kwame Sutra" book out

Freep reporters M.L. Elrick and Jim Schaefer have put together a book on the text message scandal that they broke.
    Available here: http://thekwamesutra.com/

Anyone have a copy yet? I was at John King, and they didn't have any copies yet. Going to try Leopold's [[hate ordering online if I can support brick-and-mortar Detroit businesses).

This is a hoot. Can't decide if I really have to have it being as we hear everyday the nonsense that has come out of his mouth. But it could be entertaining. Thanks for the post hadn't heard about the book yet.

Got a copy. Pretty funny stuff. It's similar to the "Quotations of Coleman A. Young" book that came out a while ago. Nice little Detroit book. I recommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by buildingsofdetroit View Post
    Got a copy. Pretty funny stuff. It's similar to the "Quotations of Coleman A. Young" book that came out a while ago. Nice little Detroit book. I recommend it.
    Thanks for info, I was trying to decide if this was a joke, but guess its real. Although it could still be considered a joke.

I have the Coleman Young book, which is great, so I'll have to add this one to my collection.

Toolbox Guest

You can get the book at Hugh. Even though it's temporary retail, Hugh got it first. Bitches.

Quote Originally Posted by Toolbox View Post
    You can get the book at Hugh. Even though it's temporary retail, Hugh got it first. Bitches.
    With soooo much gone over the years, I simply can not support this 'retailer'. I think it's more disorienting when you go away and come back... and things are gone, so I can not form an attachment to a fly by night retail operation such as this. I was so traumatized after the Statler Hotel demo [[my great uncle Jack worked in the Whitney building in the 70s) that it took me 20 minutes to find the Town Pump for my friends , at one point, I think I was shaking so hard that someone asked me if I needed them to drive. So, no... no Hugh shopping for me. I'll buy it online. They ship out of state right?

The " Kwame Sutra" would be much better that reading the quotations of Coleman A Young.

Just saw Local 4 doing a piece on it. One woman they talked to said, "They should sell it in supermarkets next to the National Enquirer." HA!

I just saw it on the news too. I would borrow it but I wouldn't pay money for it lol.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitZack View Post
    I just saw it on the news too. I would borrow it but I wouldn't pay money for it lol.
    Perhaps they should retitle it Steal This Book, Like I Stole This City.

I work @ pure detroit. The authors were in the fisher doing an interview with Mitch Albom today, and they stopped down in the store. We just got the books in today, so I had them sign a few copies. Stop on in and pick it up there. They announced on the air that people can buy the book at pure detroit, so you might want to get there quick before the signed ones are gone )

Bearinabox Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    With soooo much gone over the years, I simply can not support this 'retailer'. I think it's more disorienting when you go away and come back... and things are gone, so I can not form an attachment to a fly by night retail operation such as this. I was so traumatized after the Statler Hotel demo [[my great uncle Jack worked in the Whitney building in the 70s) that it took me 20 minutes to find the Town Pump for my friends , at one point, I think I was shaking so hard that someone asked me if I needed them to drive. So, no... no Hugh shopping for me. I'll buy it online. They ship out of state right?
    Stop being such a sunt.